Buying Advice First tractor...John Deere 3038e 2017 sitting on the lot for a year vs 2018

/ First tractor...John Deere 3038e 2017 sitting on the lot for a year vs 2018 #41  
I shopped JD, Kobota, Kioti and Mahindra last year and ALL of them had a incentive discount amount that went away if you took the 0%. Its not a local thing. Its normal operation. It was around 1000$ or so every place.

/ First tractor...John Deere 3038e 2017 sitting on the lot for a year vs 2018 #42  
I shopped JD, Kobota, Kioti and Mahindra last year and ALL of them had a incentive discount amount that went away if you took the 0%. Its not a local thing. Its normal operation. It was around 1000$ or so every place.

Yep, that's normal, even with vehicles. You don't get both. When I bought my JD there was no cash back incentive but there was an implement discount if you bought 3 and you still got the 0% on everything.

/ First tractor...John Deere 3038e 2017 sitting on the lot for a year vs 2018 #43  
Yep, that's normal, even with vehicles. You don't get both. When I bought my JD there was no cash back incentive but there was an implement discount if you bought 3 and you still got the 0% on everything.

I bought a leftover 2016 F-150 in March of 2017, I got all incentives plus more and 0% APR. I got over $13,000 off and 60 months 0% APR. tractor dealers just know they have you since there are only a handful. Some dealers might wheel and deal a little, but most will not. Their price is their price that’s it.

/ First tractor...John Deere 3038e 2017 sitting on the lot for a year vs 2018 #44  
I wonder- a lot depends on whether the dealer's stock is "owned" by corporate, or the dealer has paid for it. If the dealer owns it, then as a business man they have to balance cash flow with potential profit, and if you catch them at the right time, most will "deal". Just be real, and not a jerk, and they will at least give you consideration. Cash talks.

/ First tractor...John Deere 3038e 2017 sitting on the lot for a year vs 2018
Well I went to the Kubota dealer (which is an hour away and jd dealer is 25 min away) and they wanted over 3k more for the L3901. The yanmar was also significantly more too. I知 still leaning towards the JD due to the convienence of the dealer and the price.

As far as 0% vs cash goes... Kubota gives $500 discount. I知 sorry but you can make way more than $500 if you are investing that chunk of money especially in today痴 market. It would have to be a substantial discount for me not to finance at 0%.

/ First tractor...John Deere 3038e 2017 sitting on the lot for a year vs 2018 #46  
Sometimes you go with your gut instinct, and John Deere makes a great product.

/ First tractor...John Deere 3038e 2017 sitting on the lot for a year vs 2018 #47  
I agree and the JD financing is diffrent. If you qualify it goes through JD not a bank or a division of a company. JD not the dealer offers the 0 percent. They do not get anything if you pay cash.

/ First tractor...John Deere 3038e 2017 sitting on the lot for a year vs 2018 #48  
And by the way I like my 3038e. It has been great for my use and lots of fun. 400 hours and rolling strong. Got a great deal on mine as well.