New tractor on the way! LS or New Holland

/ New tractor on the way! LS or New Holland #1  

shootbikehunt

Tractor
LS XR4150H 2018
I have been reading topics on this forum for a while and figure since I finally ordered a tractor, its time jump in! I have a great dilemma. I put $ down on a 2018 LS XR4150H over a week ago at a dealer less than 10 minutes from my home. Since then, I have spoken with a New Holland dealer who seems great and eager to get me into a tractor. Looking at what people have paid for the LS XR4150H on this site I know I have gotten about as good a deal as I have seen. The New Holland dealer has a 2017 Boomer 50H as a lease return with 125 hours and will swap out new wheels and tires, and fill with rim guard ballast, and basically the same price as the LS (NH works out to $10 more/ Month). I know the LS loader has roughly 400# more capacity than the Boomer loader but otherwise the tractors are identical. Is the New Holland name and dealer worth buying a used tractor over a brand new LS?

/ New tractor on the way! LS or New Holland #2  
Welcome to TBN......

The Boomer is built by LS. Look around the tractor for the build plate serial number and you'll see LS. NH has the same LS engine. LS has been building tractors for NH for years.
If you already put $ down on the LS can you cancel the order without financial penalty?
I see no reason to change now.

/ New tractor on the way! LS or New Holland
I haven't been back to the LS dealer yet but I can't imagine that they would keep my deposit-Tractor was in-stock. Other than the hood styling/headlights, both tractors are identical and built by LS (as you mentioned George). You cannot tell the difference from the driver's seat- all the controls and pedals are identical. The loaders are different with the LS having more capacity than the NH. The LS also has six rear hydro stubs vs four on NH. LS also has an extra rear mounted 3-point control so you can operate the 3-point from behind the tractor when attaching implements.

The LS dealer seems way high on implement prices compared to everywhere else. The New Holland guy is bending over backwards offering tire beet juice fill and much better pricing on implements. Any regrets from either LS or New Holland Boomer owners out there?

/ New tractor on the way! LS or New Holland #4  
Stay the course. Your LS will be a great tractor. You attempt to change horses now - you could simply end up in a world of poo.

/ New tractor on the way! LS or New Holland #5  
3 rear remotes can be a BIG BIG difference if you need that 3rd set down the road. While 400 lbs doesn't sound like all that much, I think it is about a 15-20% difference and that can be HUGE when you need it. That 3pt adjustment at the back of the tractor, well it is almost priceless when hooking up to an implement.

Does the NH have extendable lower links on the 3pt?

While none of these individual things is a deal breaker, start adding the conveniences up and they DO make a difference. I would stay with the LS and shop implements.

Good luck. ;)

/ New tractor on the way! LS or New Holland #6  
No regrets on my LS. Will be 4 years old next month. Buy your implements where you get the best price.
The extra pair of remotes is nice (3 sets instead of two). I modified my XR3037 and added the rear 3 point control feature.

Only problem I can recall with mine is the right side mirror fell out of the housing and broke. There is not much holding them in place. After installing the new one I ran a bead of silicone around the mirror to keep it in place. Also, if left outside the mirror the open top would allow rainwater to get inside behind the mirror. In winter the water could freeze and force the mirror out. That wasn't what happened to mine as the mirror fell out during summer. I drilled some 1/8" drain holes in the plastic housing. Replacement mirrors and ones on newer models come with the drain holes pre-drilled.

/ New tractor on the way! LS or New Holland
3 rear remotes can be a BIG BIG difference if you need that 3rd set down the road. While 400 lbs doesn't sound like all that much, I think it is about a 15-20% difference and that can be HUGE when you need it. That 3pt adjustment at the back of the tractor, well it is almost priceless when hooking up to an implement.

Does the NH have extendable lower links on the 3pt?

While none of these individual things is a deal breaker, start adding the conveniences up and they DO make a difference. I would stay with the LS and shop implements.

Good luck. ;)

You answered my next question! Will the loader lift capacity difference be noticeable? It surprises me that the FEL have such different specs between the LS and NH. This is giving me much more confidence in my original decision. Thank you all!

/ New tractor on the way! LS or New Holland #8  
Keep in mind you may be getting a bit longer warranty with the LS tractor since the NH is used. Unless you don't have confidence in the LS dealer, I would favor the LS.
Are you asking the NH dealer for new wheels and tires as part of that deal? Seem like a year old tractor with 125 hours on it should still have good rubber on it.

/ New tractor on the way! LS or New Holland #9  
:welcome:

Thanks for joining!

:tractor: I'm going to move this thread on over to our buying, pricing, and comparisons section.

/ New tractor on the way! LS or New Holland #10  
About a year and 1/2 ago I set out to buy a app 70 hp tractor. Cab, FEL, 4 wheel drive.
Went to one dealer and they had a NH, a LS and a TYM setting within 50' of each other. All new.
Had different engines and the cab/layout of controls were not the same. Other than that, you could swap out parts.
I ended up at another dealer and brought the TYM for $12,000 less than the NH and $8000.00 less than the LS.
How do I like it, I went from a 1967 newest tractor I had, no cab, 2 wheel drive, no loader, to all of these + AC. My wife wish I had done it years ago. For the money, the TYM was a best buy.