Stolen tractor Kubota M5140

/ Stolen tractor Kubota M5140 #1  

muddstopper

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ventrac, Steiner
my Nephew had his tractor stolen Saturday Night. Tractor was located in the Murphy NC area. A reward is being offered for information. sine we are located close to the Tenn and Ga state lines, I suspect the tractor could already be out of state. I appreciate if everyone can keep a look out and you can contact the Cherokee County NC Sheriff department with any info. Phone: 828-837-1344 Tractor has 704 hours on meter and aluminum canopy

Attachments

• stolen trator.jpg
    stolen trator.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 460
Last edited:
   / Stolen tractor Kubota M5140 #3  
Start watching craigslist! But chances are just as good that it will go onto a property to be used until it ends up parked to sink into the earth. I would guess that many stolen tractors are never seen again.

/ Stolen tractor Kubota M5140
I would suspect that the thieves will want rid of it as soon as possible. If it ever goes to a dealer for service and they check the serial number, it will be redflagged. If anyone tried to borrow money to buy it and they give the lender the SN, it again will be red flagged. My guess is with all the big auctions starting up in Florida this week, thats where the tractor will endup, with the hope the buyer is from overseas. I have buddies already in florida for the auctions and I have them looking for the tractor down there. Its a shot in the dark, but better than no shot at all.

/ Stolen tractor Kubota M5140 #5  
Dang shame!!
Agree long gone from the area good chance sold or being parted out.
Anybody near by might have some sort camera setup caught them traveling.

/ Stolen tractor Kubota M5140 #6  
my Nephew had his tractor stolen Saturday Night. Tractor was located in the Murphy NC area. A reward is being offered for information. sine we are located close to the Tenn and Ga state lines, I suspect the tractor could already be out of state. I appreciate if everyone can keep a look out and you can contact the Cherokee County NC Sheriff department with any info. Phone: 828-837-1344 Tractor has 704 hours on meter and aluminum canopy

You need to widely publish the serial number; these tractors aren't rare.

/ Stolen tractor Kubota M5140 #7  
That is a shame, if you ever get lucky enough to find out who did it, it'd be time to shoot, shovel and shut up.
Lousy lazy thieving scum bag trash need to be eradicated.

/ Stolen tractor Kubota M5140 #8  
I'm sorry for what happened to your nephew. Hopefully the tractor will be recovered and the thieves punished severely.

I highly recommend to any tractor owners to install a tracking device in their machines. It's simple, easy, inexpensive insurance for your valuable equipment. Hard-wire the device to 12V power. When motion is detected, you receive a text message and/or email with the geocoordinate plotted on a map. I keep one in my easy-to-steal classic car and when I get a new tractor it'll have one in it.

SPOT Trace, Anti-Theft Tracking Device | SPOT

Last edited:
   / Stolen tractor Kubota M5140 #9  
I'm sorry for what happened to your nephew. Hopefully the tractor will be recovered and the thieves punished severely.

I highly recommend to any tractors owners to install a tracking device in their machines. It's simple, easy, inexpensive insurance for your valuable equipment. Hard-wire the device to 12V power. When motion is detected, you receive a text message and/or email. I keep one in my easy-to-steal classic car and when I get a new tractor it'll have one in it.

SPOT Trace, Anti-Theft Tracking Device | SPOT

Dayum, it's almost cheaper to get insurance than tracking, and tracking won't ALWAYS recover your goods if discovered and dismantled! If service were cheaper, I'd consider.

And, sorry for your nephews loss, from pic I'd bet the little one is even more disjointed that pappy's tractor is gone!

/ Stolen tractor Kubota M5140 #10  
Send a note and ser # to Kubota and they might let the dealer net work know.