JD 5065e vs Kabota M7060???

/ JD 5065e vs Kabota M7060??? #31  
I have a Deere 5520 89 HP and made 15 years ago. It is a great tractor that would today compare to maybe a 5090M or something like that. I really like it but the cost would be way higher today and much higher than an "E" Deere. As well, I own an M7040 Kubota that is absolutely 100% wonderful, reliable and dependable. It's thrilling to use it.

So, all things considered, I'd buy the Kubota and if I had to replace my Deere 5520 would buy an M90XX Kubota and be happy. There are lots of posts on "E" Deeres you could, and should, search for.

/ JD 5065e vs Kabota M7060???
Thanks for all the info and replies.

In conclusion it looks like the Kabota M7060 should be more equally compared to the JD 5075e, correct??

And can the M Kabota be compared to an E JD? or does it need to be more compared to the M JD?

Right now, Orange is looking better than Green to me....

/ JD 5065e vs Kabota M7060??? #33  
Thanks for all the info and replies.

In conclusion it looks like the Kabota M7060 should be more equally compared to the JD 5075e, correct??

And can the M Kabota be compared to an E JD? or does it need to be more compared to the M JD?

Right now, Orange is looking better than Green to me....

Kubota doesn’t offer anything that compares to an M until you get into the real big ones and then that’s barely. I don’t understand why anyone would think the E isn’t right on par with them?

I have had 3 5E series tractors and shopped kubota hard and didn’t see what all the fuss was about. I will admit to having their buggy and lawn mower though. Those are great and Deere doesn’t have or didn’t offer a diesel buggy with full cab. However, the best advice I can give you is to drive both, operate the loader and simulate shredding by engaging the pto and driving around at pto speed and see if it matches your terrain as far as speed. For me, I got the 24/12 trans to help me get right where I want be.

There will be one tractor and I don’t care which but one will be where you feel more comfortable in the seat, cab and control. The 5e would be great on the smaller tractors to put the 3pt on the console like the bigger ones. I hated that on mine.

Brett

/ JD 5065e vs Kabota M7060??? #34  
I just got rid of my Mahindra 5035 and received my M7060HD12. I have driven and older John Deere 5065E and the rear hydraulic detent was really sensitive. It was so hard to control with the grain drill my buddy gave up. The quality of the Kubota and ergonomic placement of controls in my opinion exceeds JD, New Holland and Mahindra. I shopped them all. Make sure to price more than one dealer as they can range 10-20% diff.

/ JD 5065e vs Kabota M7060??? #35  
I personally think you'd be better off with the M7060. All the new tractors over 80hp in my opinion are junk. Kubota has less electronics to go wrong as vs a new Holland, case or massey. Now granted you are looking at a e series Deere so it wouldn't have the electronics as what a m or r series deere would. Kubota's can ride rough sometimes, but if you spread the wheels out it'll be fine. The Kubota has the controls better placed for ease of operation, and will handle a load better. It's up to you, but if it was me, I'd buy the kubota

/ JD 5065e vs Kabota M7060??? #36  
I know this is a done deal but I also would buy the Kubota. It's more suited to more people and I think better built. You want it light, it can be light for home or farm use and it's 5000 or so pounds. Want it heavy just add a few thousand pounds of weight. Deere makes some excellent tractors but for me, Kubota works.

/ JD 5065e vs Kabota M7060??? #37  
I've been planning on upgrading tractors for a couple years now and was looking at either a Deere 5075E or a Kubota M7060. Last week I ordered a new M7060.

On paper the Kubota had more standard features and better horsepower conversion. What ultimately made me choose the Kubota was the ergonomic feel of the tractor. The Deere felt awkward and clunky, the Kubota did not.

Both machines are good. Test drive both see which one fits you best.
+1

I was making a similar decision a while back. I felt like the M7040 at the time had better standard features. The operator station felt higher end than that of the deere 5065 or 5075.

Just make sure you compare apples to apples... Hydraulic shuttle to hydraulic shuttle and not hydraulic vs mechanical, etc .

/ JD 5065e vs Kabota M7060??? #38  
With open station tractors you should check the engine noise! I know many depending on make might wear earmuffs to keep from going deaf! Remember that the E is for economy!

Last edited:
   / JD 5065e vs Kabota M7060??? #39  
JD 5065e vs Kabota M7060???

Sorry, you have to buy the JD... cuz, "IF" you can't even spell Kubota, you can't buy one!!

SR

/ JD 5065e vs Kabota M7060??? #40  
With open station tractors you should check the engine noise! I know many depending on make might wear earmuffs to keep from going deaf! Remember that the E is for economy!

Yup, that's true of my 50 year old John Deere. I wear ear plugs whenever I'm on it. That thing is LOUD!