Tough choices...

/ Tough choices... #11  
That Kioti is clean as a whistle. I'm a Kubota guy all the way, but in this case - it's Kioti for the WIN.

/ Tough choices... #12  
If you're going to be running a lot of the attachments the kioti has some higher end hookups.

/ Tough choices... #13  
Gregfender,

I think you are encouraging illogical responses and you are getting quite a few of them.

1. Warranty has value and now we see that the kubota has remaining warranty and the Kioti has none.

2. No smart buyer decides or expresses an opinion unless they know what it will be used for. You tell us nothing about it's purpose and terrain it is used on. I'm stunned posters are giving you opinions without considering your needs.

3. You don't want to hear anything about resale value. Again that is illogical because you yourself are considering used equipment values in your very posting.

Come on guys, everybody is guessing on everything . . . so how does that put any value on your opinion given? Think how foolish you'd feel if he turns around and says he has 2 acres or he has 100 acres.

/ Tough choices...
Gregfender,

I think you are encouraging illogical responses and you are getting quite a few of them.

1. Warranty has value and now we see that the kubota has remaining warranty and the Kioti has none.

2. No smart buyer decides or expresses an opinion unless they know what it will be used for. You tell us nothing about it's purpose and terrain it is used on. I'm stunned posters are giving you opinions without considering your needs.

3. You don't want to hear anything about resale value. Again that is illogical because you yourself are considering used equipment values in your very posting.

Come on guys, everybody is guessing on everything . . . so how does that put any value on your opinion given? Think how foolish you'd feel if he turns around and says he has 2 acres or he has 100 acres.

Point taken.

35 acres, 70% wooded with trails. Rolling to hilly, steep in places 2 acre yard.

Will be pulling a 5' bush hog to keep brambles and under growth in check. Will be pulling a 6' finish mower in the yard. Will keep trails clear with bush hog and create some more with box blade.

As for resale, I won't be selling this tractor. I'm recently retired and plan on just keeping up the property. The tractor is a tool, nothing more. I might hose it off once in a while, but doubtful. If it gets dirty doing work, then eh...its a tractor, not a Ferrari. I'm honestly leaning toward the Kioti. The Kubota is nice, still covered by warranty, but is that really worth $3500? Perhaps I shouldn't have even posted.

/ Tough choices... #15  
Nothing illogical about his question.

He wants our opinions based on our experience not his.

SO here it is

I don't care about the hours as much as condition . I also don't see any point in being concerned about resale other than is the price fair for what I'm getting compared to what I am paying. Being comfortable with both Kubota and Kioti the warrantee would not be a consideration unless both machines were the same size weight and HP as well as cost. 800 Hours doesn't scare me at all but anytime I see super low hours on the sale I worry about problem machines being sold off to unsuspecting buyers and yes I have experienced it with both JD and Kubota so for my needs or overall use I would purchase the machine with the most power and weight as that is the one that will work best for me.

In this case that seems to be the Kioti so that would be what would come home with me between the two you mention.

/ Tough choices... #16  
i'd get the orange one:laughing:

/ Tough choices... #17  
The cheaper tractor is 34 hp. The 3,000 dollar more expensive tractor is 25hp.

As far as getting things done- I'd go with the cheaper tractor that is also more powerful- the Kioti.

I have a TC30 that I bought used - 30hp. I would never want less hp than that. That extra umph is well worth it. - Like having a small sized or full sized pick up.

Good luck.

/ Tough choices... #18  
gregfender,

I think posting is a good way to get insight into your considerations - but clarity of purpose should give you better expectations from those responding too. And you deserve good opinions.

Now here are a couple things you might want to consider:

Kubota has developed some interesting methods of attaching and detaching hydro lines and for easier removal and reattaching the fel etc.. I don't know if the L25 has advantages in that area compared to the older Kioti - but you might want to look at each to see.

The Kubota is a tier 4 but not above the 25.99 hp threshhold so its simple tier 4. The Kioti is older and probably doesn't have tier 4 I assume.

If you will be going into woods frequently - how do the two tractors differ in width requirements or branch canopy requirements ? And ground clearance of each unit (I "assume" the Kioti has more clearance ??? or does it).

When it comes to steeper slopes or sidehills - I'm pretty watchful of Center-of-gravity issues. Jeff is big on weight and bigger tractors - while I want something that does the job but at lower height if possible so that center-of-gravity is as low as possible (but clearance for ground is still acceptable).

Lastly - while I'm sure either tractor can do lots of work - are they equal in comfort (fit, feel, and confidence on hill or slope) ?

My point is - I have no bias on brand in your case - but if I were recently retired and I were buying my last tractor - and I'd found 2 good deals - the vary last and weakest thing I'd consider is the cost. I'd want what really feels like I could spend hours running it and not be tired. I'd want what I feel safe on. I'd want what will get the job done with the least troublesome maintenance and nicest situation for storing or protecting it or trailering it. I don't say $3500 isn't real money - but if you aren't buying again - get what you want - what you like - what is going to feel good. I'm guessing you can afford either one - so money isn't the issue for you like it is with many of us still trying to create it IMO.

/ Tough choices... #19  
I like both brands here, you will end up with a nice tractor either way, but considering the size and configuration of your property, the Kioti seems like the best choice.

I live on similar land as yours, and have 2 tractors in the 30 hp range, there are many times I wish I had a little more power and a lot more weight for stability. FEL lift capacity is a factor here too.
I think if you buy the smaller size tractor, you will eventually wish you hadn’t.

That is no reflection on the Kubota brand, they are among the best out there.

/ Tough choices... #20  
Sorry about that. The Kioti is a 2008, the Kubota is a 2015. I'm not hung up on model year, just how well the tractor has been maintained. I have to admit, I'm leaning heavily toward the Kioti. Its a combination of price and features. I love the adjustable links and the pinned stabilizer bars. I've never been a fan of turnbuckles. But a Kubota is a Kubota. It's seriously a tough call. I've always thought the 'bota's loader looks more substantial, but the Kioti loader specs out the same give or take 20lbs.
View attachment 540957View attachment 540958View attachment 540959
I'm a Kubota snob; plus I've put >75 hours on my L3301 in 3 months without really started using it, so time on the clock means a lot more to me. Both brands have a lot of satisfied customers and everybody I know who bought a Kioti has been more than happy with them.
Just a word of warning though; tractor ownership is even more addictive than boating and every implement you have makes you realize how much you need something else. Fortunately there are plenty of people here who are more than willing to help you decide the best way to spend more money. ;)