Good Dealers?

/ Good Dealers? #1  

KiotiJohn

I've wanted to post this for some time as I've read so many negatives about dealers. There are a ton of good dealers out there, and if you've had a good one, let's mention them and why you think they're good. I think it might help a lot of newbies, without their having to ask each time, if we have a thread with a lot of good dealers listed.
My dealer, BIGTractorSupply.com in Lawtey, FL is a Kioti dealer who also sells Woods, Badboy mowers and others. Dave Williams, the owner, is very friendly and knowledgable, and willing to do what it takes to make a customer happy. I didn't have to do any negociating as Dave was offering a great price to start with. He didn't fool around, got the sale on the table and delivered to me within only a few days. When a faulty handle on the foldable ROPS came apart, he sent someone to my house (35 miles) within hours to bring me another. Because my BH was backordered for a long time, he offered various free items and has sold me implements at cost. As a matter-of-fact, Kioti sent the wrong bucket (12" instead of 16"), and Dave was going to GIVE me the 12" because of all the trouble, but I finally agreed that I would pay cost on the bucket. No need to make him suffer for something out of his control. Always responsive to my questions, always willing to go the extra mile, free delivery within 100 miles. These are some of the reasons I consider BIGTractorSuppy a GREAT place to buy a Kioti Tractor. John Big Tractor Supply

/ Good Dealers? #2  
Issaquah Honda Kubota (Issaquah, Washington).... I dealt with Mark Hovey and had done a lot of shopping. He gave me his price, and then I gave him the competetive bids that I had. He met those bids and threw in a lot of details that I never would have thought of, being as green as I was. He reinforced the top edge of the loader bucket and had 3 hooks welded on. He threw in free pickup and delivery on any warrantee work for the first year. I live a ferry ride and close to 40 miles away, so this was significant. Most important to me though, was when I walked in he gave me his full attention. He was not going to leave me until all of my questions were answered and I was comfortable with my decision. He taught me a lot in those first meetings, much more than any other dealer I visited. It's been almost 2 years since I bought my tractor from him and still, everytime I go into that dealership he gives me the same attention and service. You can't ask for much more than that!

Greg

/ Good Dealers? #3  
Goforth Inc Statesville NC my salesman was Chris Fowler,they sale Massey,Kuboata,Kioti. Chris is great he didnt push me offered to sale me what I wanted did not bash any other brands. Helped find a finance plan that suited my needs, this was one of my most pleasant buying experiences.
He sat down with me asked me what I wanted how I would be using it hp requirements etc. Took me out on the lot showed the tractor's that fit my needs new and used recommened the 451 Massey and I couldnt be happier. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Good Dealers?
Well, it appears most people don't have a good dealer to talk about! What a shame. John

/ Good Dealers? #5  
Goss Tractor, Jasper GA. I wound up buying from another fine dealer, Woodlee Tractor, McMinnville, TN since it's closer to my property, but Goss gave me great prices and let me drive around a demo (on nearly vertical parts of their lot!). Woodlee matched the excellent Goss prices.

/ Good Dealers? #6  
Tulsa New Holland - have received New Hollands top dealer award for 143 years (give or take a few...) Real straight shooters! They are customers of one of my clients, too. You learn a lot about a tractor dealer when you sell and service their vehicles... Great folks.

TriState Hardware, Mom and Pop Deere dealer in Southwest City MO. Real small town look you in the eye and shake yer hand honest to goodness folks, great prices are nice, too.

Johns Tractor Vinita OK, Real classy Kiotes.

/ Good Dealers? #7  
I'll throw my 2 cents in here - Sink Farm Equipment in Lexington, NC (Kubota, Kawasaki, Vicon, others). A great no-nonsense dealer that offers excellent service and lots of knowledge on farm equipment - about 60 years experience and selling Kubotas' since 1981. Bought a LG tractor there and probably gonna get me for a CUT before long. They've went the extra mile for many folks I know - one of the main reasons I purchased there.

/ Good Dealers? #8  
DePratt Equipment, Columbus, KS. Have purchased several implements and my DK65C there in the past year. Jon DePratt is an active TBN member and always a pleasure to deal with.

/ Good Dealers? #9  
I've run into several good dealers in my area. CT is a small state, and it's easy to price out between dealers, even though the effort didn't reap me any great savings. For Deere DH marvin and Midstate Tractor were friendly, well established shops - for Bota and NH the only place around me is Kahn in Franklin CT - great golks, but they really needed to have more tractors set up to try. Maybe it was too early in the season when I was shopping. Midstate also sells Bota.

To Date DH Marvin has been outstanding on service and I can highly recommend them to folks in the area looking for a good place to do business.

/ Good Dealers? #10  
Hammond Tractor in Fairfield, ME (one of those rare JD/Kubota dealers!)

When I was shopping for a tractor last spring I knew very little about tractors and was often overwhelmed by the terminology, etc. Oh, why couldn't I have stumbled on TBN sooner!

During each of my visits a variety of salesmen patiently tried to answer my many question (some of which must have made no sense). Looking back, their collective advice was no different from what can be routinely found on this forum: (1) choose a size and set of features based on the intended jobs and required/desired implements, (2) after establishing a price and HP range, compare similar models from several manufactures, (3) THEN consider the relatively minor price differences, ease-of-use, creature comforts, pedal layouts, implement differences, and finally (if I so desired) color.

In regards to the final decision, nothing was more valuable then both my wife and I being able to test a B7800, 2910, and JD 4115 back to back to back.

Finally, a valid point often brought up is that the amateur or hobbyist buying a single CUT feels neglected or short-thrifted at a large farmer-friendly dealership, given their own inexperience and small potential purchase. However, I didn't experience that at all, and I certainly wasted quite a few hours there. In fact, during both my initial tractor shopping and subsequent attachment shopping, I have been advised by 3 or 4 salesmen to get there early on Saturday morning if I'd like the best possible service. They're only open a few hours that day (with no Sunday hours) and it gets pretty chock full of overalls and flannel by 9am. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif It's a little thing, but I appreciate them letting me know when not to go there!