Buying Advice Help me choose between Kioti CK3510, NX 4510, or Kubota L3560

/ Help me choose between Kioti CK3510, NX 4510, or Kubota L3560 #11  
Kubota

/ Help me choose between Kioti CK3510, NX 4510, or Kubota L3560 #12  
The grand Ls are nice machines, and I do have a bit of buyers remorse on going for the standard L 2 years ago.

That said, you could do your current tasks with a BX or a B. My suggestion is to get a smaller tractor now, and put the money saved in a fund for later. When you do get your larger acreage, then buy the larger tractor and keep the smaller one as well.

Nobody knows what the future will bring. You may end up needing a M7060 or similar at the next place!

Last edited:
   / Help me choose between Kioti CK3510, NX 4510, or Kubota L3560 #13  
I bought a ck4010 hst cab tractor, primarily for snowblower work, but It also replaced my skidsteer. I went with the CK4010 primarily so I could fit it in an 8 garage door opening when the snow mat builds up, and I can fit it under trees.

After the first winter, comments are.

Fits where I want it.

The fuel tank of the ck is too small. NX has a bigger tank.

CK factory cab is too small. I thought the lower step height would be best, but I struggle getting my boots over the ck floor hump and the seat is too close to the instrument panel. The NX has a flat floor and more thigh room.

Power is too marginal for the 60 blower in deep snow.

Wider blower of the NX series would make snow removal quicker, and, although the turbo engine of the NX 4510 would be better when I hit deep snow, I would probably go up at least 5 more hp.

A loader on a tractor absolutely sucks for dirt work and pallets compared to a skid steer.

A cab with a heater is wonderful, especially compared to a skid steer without one, at least in the winter.

/ Help me choose between Kioti CK3510, NX 4510, or Kubota L3560 #14  
I am in the same boat as you. I have driven the NX4510 and the Kubota L3560. I loved the Kubota HST plus, just because I could shift from low-low to low-high on the move. That being said, the Kioti is a nicer machine. The Kioti comes with rear remotes, and a 3 pt lift handle on the outside. The kubota is $1000 option for rear remotes and the rear lift controls are not available. I can buy the Kioti for less money cash than the Kubota but Kubota has MUCH better financing options. I have different needs than you and any of the above may do you well. I am questioning the HP of the Kubota, I feel like the Kioti will be plenty. Both have the electronic HST controls so its very comfortable to drive either. The Kubota hydro controls adjustment is a pain in the butt, the Kioti is a knob thats easy to use on the fly. The kubota was more jerky to operate than the Kioti (probably not adjusted for a smooth operation). The loader on the Kubota was more responsive and moved quicker. This is GREAT for dirt work, but I use pallet forks a lot and its not so great for that-- I can get by with either as my current Kubota has the same loader control type. I looked at a CK4010 open tractor and was showed the SE cab in a brochure-- the price was not different enough to make me interested. I would have already bought the Kioti if they had a stonger dealer base in my area. This dealer is BRAND new, hasn't even had a grand opening yet. He is selling on service, which is unproven and I worry that in 2 years he could be gone and then what? Next Kioti dealer is 2 hours away, and I wouldnt have bought from them so how much will they help me? Good luck with your decision, all are nice machines dont forget to look into dealer support for them in your area.

Jason

/ Help me choose between Kioti CK3510, NX 4510, or Kubota L3560 #15  

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 545
   / Help me choose between Kioti CK3510, NX 4510, or Kubota L3560
So just as an update, the Kubota got sold before I could get to it - no replys to my email. The Kioti I went to look at, and it was a nice machine but the owner decided to keep it a couple of days after I expressed interest. I ended up finding another Kioti NX4510 cab with hydro that has 300 hours and comes with a PTO wood chipper (bx 60 wallenstein), York rake, spreader and log splitter for 28,500. Machine looks to be in good shape and was professionally serviced last fall. It doesn't have loaded tires, but does come with a one installed remote. The only issues I could find with it, were a couple of holes in the plastic screen grill in the front (which I've seen on other listings - seems to be a common issue with these machines). The only other issue was a tie rod dust cover/boot that was ripped, but I believe this is a relatively easy repair as long as it's threaded back together the same exact way it was before taking it apart. If I buy it I'll probably replace the other one proactivaly as well. It does sound like a lot of machine for the money from the other listings I've seen... I saw the original sales receipt and the original purchase price before implements was a little more than 36K. Machine is a 2016 model.

I'm doing general clean-up, mowing, and maintenance on somewhere around 16-18 acres with a CK35. Sometimes I wish it was bigger but it gets the job done. One factor for us was that this was a second tractor and moving up to a 40+ HP tractor would have meant buying all new (to us) implements instead of being able to keep using what we already had.

In your position just starting out, my pick would be the NX4510

Here's the Specs of the NX4510 vs the CK3510

Length w/ 3-point hitch 139.6 in. (3,547 mm) - 120.9 in. (3,070 mm)
Width 65.6 in. (1,665 mm) - 54.5 in. (1,385 mm)
Height from Top of ROPS Cab 94.1 in. (2,390 mm) - 91.7 in. (2,330 mm)
Wheelbase 75.6 in. (1,920 mm) - 65.7 in. (1,670 mm)
Ground Clearance 13.7 in. (350 mm) - 13.4 in. (340 mm)
Front Tread Ag Tires - Min 55.2 in. (1,352 mm) - 48.2 in (1,225 mm)
Rear Tread Ag Tires - Min 52.1 in. (1,324 mm) - 47.6 in. (1,210 mm)
Turning Radius w/ Brake 9.81 ft. (2.99 m) - 8 ft. (2.4 m)

While the NX is a bigger tractor - it's not substantially bigger but it is heavier & more HP both of which are good things for ground engaging work. Also since it is used does it have any "upgrades" that the new CK won't have (standard) like rear remotes?

Being a higher series, the NX will have more "frills" that the CK and for the amount of tractor per dollar spent I think it's the best deal of the three. It may be a little big on just 3.5 acres but once you move to the larger space I think you'll be happy with it.

/ Help me choose between Kioti CK3510, NX 4510, or Kubota L3560 #17  
Any reason why you aren't looking at Mahindra? We have a few good dealerships near us here in Southern NH. Mahindra is also the #3 tractor in the US and #1 selling in the world.

/ Help me choose between Kioti CK3510, NX 4510, or Kubota L3560 #18  
I am in the same boat as you. I have driven the NX4510 and the Kubota L3560. I loved the Kubota HST plus, just because I could shift from low-low to low-high on the move. That being said, the Kioti is a nicer machine.

That's the only thing I think about with my Kioti vs Kubota. That said, it's not a terribly big deal.

Any reason why you aren't looking at Mahindra? We have a few good dealerships near us here in Southern NH. Mahindra is also the #3 tractor in the US and #1 selling in the world.

Mainly because these were the first 3 that I came across that were in my price range and had cabs. Im looking at all used machines as the depreciation seems to be more severe during the first year or two of ownership and then seems to level off a bit...

I ended up going with the NX4510. I actually found a second NX4510 in the area after the first NX seller decided to keep his machine. This 4510 HST Cab is a 2016 with 325 hours and comes with Wallenstein bx60 chipper, Woods 4ft brush hog, diamond hydraulic plow, new chains, JD 3pt log splitter, seeder/sander, 4ft york rake, and a second curtis hydraulic plow (used on a kubota the owner formally had) for 28.5K. I'm bringing it to a dealer tomorrow to have it checked out before buying. Everything looks to be in good shape and I'm excited for my first tractor. I'm sure it will probably be large enough to handle just about anything I'll throw at it in the future. I know the history of the machine and where it was purchased and have talked to the original dealer. I think it was a very good find overall...