2018 JD 2025R

/ 2018 JD 2025R #1  

mahd776

Tractor
JD GT275
Local JD dealer called me today. He just received his first unit of the new 2018 2025R. I have been talking with him about a 1025R but wanted to check out the 2025R before committing to a purchase. He knows I am interested so I am going to look at it tomorrow. Anyone have any observations or experience with this revamped model? All input and commints are welcome. Thanks in adavnce!

/ 2018 JD 2025R #2  
What are your intended uses for the tractor?

/ 2018 JD 2025R #3  
I saw one a couple weeks ago -- nice machine, but similar to the 1025R in terms of the overall design/look/feel.

/ 2018 JD 2025R #4  
Howdy there mahd776,

I have not as of yet seen a JD 2025R in person. I just got a 1025R. From my understanding (and you may already know this) the 2025R is almost just a 1025R with the bigger tires. It has the same engine, takes the same front loader, same backhoe, and mower decks as the 1025R. I think there are a few modifications to the mower decks to allow them to fit on the 2025R. The loader lift (and backhoe) capacity is a little bit more than the 1025R. If you look at the brochure the 2025R does not have some of the features of the 2032R and 2038R like the hydraulic quick disconnect for the front loader or the option of wheel spacers to increase the width of the tractor. Also the 2025R does not have the Command Cut Mower feature or the e-throttle option like the 2032R and 2038R. That being said, take a look at the 2025R it may be more to your liking than a 1025R.

I will say that I have seen the previous versions of the 2025R and the 2032R machines in person, and just seeing videos on youtube and reading the brochures I think John Deere has made a lot of improvements on the new 2 series tractors over the previous versions. Best wishes as you decide which tractor to purchase. I hope you enjoy your new machine. :)

/ 2018 JD 2025R #5  
Howdy there mahd776,

I have not as of yet seen a JD 2025R in person. I just got a 1025R. From my understanding (and you may already know this) the 2025R is almost just a 1025R with the bigger tires. It has the same engine, takes the same front loader, same backhoe, and mower decks as the 1025R. I think there are a few modifications to the mower decks to allow them to fit on the 2025R. The loader lift (and backhoe) capacity is a little bit more than the 1025R. If you look at the brochure the 2025R does not have some of the features of the 2032R and 2038R like the hydraulic quick disconnect for the front loader or the option of wheel spacers to increase the width of the tractor. Also the 2025R does not have the Command Cut Mower feature or the e-throttle option like the 2032R and 2038R. That being said, take a look at the 2025R it may be more to your liking than a 1025R.

I will say that I have seen the previous versions of the 2025R and the 2032R machines in person, and just seeing videos on youtube and reading the brochures I think John Deere has made a lot of improvements on the new 2 series tractors over the previous versions. Best wishes as you decide which tractor to purchase. I hope you enjoy your new machine. :)

Well said. The new 2025R is more like a 1025R "XL", I think there is a good market for them.

/ 2018 JD 2025R #6  
2-range rear end has always been this models biggest weakness. Yanmar builds all those bits, I guess thats why it does not get updated??

/ 2018 JD 2025R #7  
2-range rear end has always been this models biggest weakness. Yanmar builds all those bits, I guess thats why it does not get updated??

The previous 2-series where Yanmar built, but the new 1 and 2 series are not (except for the engines).

/ 2018 JD 2025R #8  
Local JD dealer called me today. He just received his first unit of the new 2018 2025R. I have been talking with him about a 1025R but wanted to check out the 2025R before committing to a purchase. He knows I am interested so I am going to look at it tomorrow. Anyone have any observations or experience with this revamped model? All input and commints are welcome. Thanks in adavnce!

I went from a JD 4010 (like a 2019E now, if such was made) after 660 hours and 9 years to a 1025R. The 1025R was a piece of junk and got rid of it before the 2 year warranty was up. I had very few problems with the 4010, just a couple broken turnbuckles because I didn't tighten them enough, and inadequate turf tires for use with the FEL. Whereas, I had all sorts of problems with the 1025R and would NEVER EVER trust its FEL to function right near anything where a malfunction would cause some damage. I hope that JD has retained the very excellent hydraulics on the 2025R and have not put the sorry 1025R system in. You absolutely cannot screw up the FEL controls on the 2025R. It is faultless, at least on the nearly 2 year old model I have.

The main good things on the 1025R were the side fuel tank, which it appears that the 2025R has now and the gentle PTO takeoff which I would only know if I tried it. The "rough" PTO takeoff on the 4010 is likely what finally did it in: disentegration of the U joint right off the engine (and still cannot lube it on the 2025R). The 4010 required revving the engine to start the LX-4 bush hog vs. start of the Frontier bush hog at idle on the 2025R, but it still starts "rough", not gentle like the 1025R's was.

I hope JD retained the fairly simple hydraulic suction screen design and access vs. the really sorry hose system that the 1025R had/has. The 2025R (one I have) does utilize a hose-like system to locate a spin-on hydraulic filter but nothing like the 1025R had (and no spin-on filter, as I recall; may be wrong on this; just was so pissed at the design of the access to the suction screen it had). The 4010 had the filter located around or within the suction screen, the exact same place as one gets to the suction screen on the 2025R. Can get to that access on the 2025R without having to remove a rear wheel though, unlike on the 4010.

Oh, you can accidently hit the fuel shutoff mechanical switch with your right foot while sitting on the tractor seat on the 1025R. Hope you cannot do this on the 2025R now. Very nasty to do this.

Ralph

/ 2018 JD 2025R #9  
kennyd
Well said. The new 2025R is more like a 1025R "XL", I think there is a good market for them.

I am curious to see how much interest their is in this new model John Deere. When talking to the salesman at my local dealer, he stated that they didn't plan on carrying the 2 Series tractors. He stated that most of their customers were either interested in the 1 series or wanted to step straight up to the 3 series JD tractors. I am sure they will get a few 2 series machines in at some point. It could be just be the market in in this area. I don't really know. I do know my local dealer sells 1023 and 1025 tractors like hot cakes. I think my salesman sold three of them in two hours one day. And he sold something like 50, 60, or 75 1 series machines last year.

Again, good luck with your purchase. :)

/ 2018 JD 2025R #10  
kennyd

I am curious to see how much interest their is in this new model John Deere. When talking to the salesman at my local dealer, he stated that they didn't plan on carrying the 2 Series tractors. He stated that most of their customers were either interested in the 1 series or wanted to step straight up to the 3 series JD tractors. I am sure they will get a few 2 series machines in at some point. It could be just be the market in in this area. I don't really know. I do know my local dealer sells 1023 and 1025 tractors like hot cakes. I think my salesman sold three of them in two hours one day. And he sold something like 50, 60, or 75 1 series machines last year.
:)

Must be a local thing. I have seen 1 series tractors but many more 2 series around here. My dealer usually has a 1 series in stock but a number of 2 series and larger. Anybody know how to get actual sales by model number?