BEWARE SCAMERS ON THIS SITE

/ BEWARE SCAMERS ON THIS SITE #1  

Johnkn

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota LX3310
For those potentially selling on this site, beware. I advertised a Kubota BX25D and have been contacted by (2) different POSs in the last (2) weeks. First guy's email was similar, he wanted my PayPal info to send me the $, then he would have the tractor picked up by his 'shipper' a few weeks later. I asked where he lived and he responded a location about 2 hours from my home. I responded, "perfect, what a coincidence, I'll be there next week visiting my daughter, I can deliver it to you" calling his bluff. Then he balked and said he would be out of town 3000 miles away. Here's the 2nd email from a different guy today:

Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 12:20 PM
To:
Subject: Re: Used 2014 Kubota BX25

I really would like to buy the 2014 Kubota BX25 and As for the payment I will be issuing you out check that you can cash instantly plus I will get a private shipping agent who will come pick up in your location after check is received by you. My shipper ships Auto's as his specialization and right now he is out of town for some pick up and can't be located at the moment, so in order for there not to be any delay in this purchase I would be sending both you and my shipping agent money with extra fees for insurances together on the check that will be sent to you. when you get it deduct yours $17,000 and send the rest to the shipping agent wherever he may be, that's when I must have located him and let you know where to send it so he can use it to get down to your place for the pick up. I will need your Full Name, Full Mailing Address and Cell Phone Number so as to send out payment today.

Pretty obvious. Be careful out there.

/ BEWARE SCAMERS ON THIS SITE #2  
This is a standard scam for internet purchases.

/ BEWARE SCAMERS ON THIS SITE #3  
Good catch.. I cant believe that scam is still going on.. Is there anyone on this planet that doesn't know about it??

/ BEWARE SCAMERS ON THIS SITE #7  
I play along.....get them to pay for sending that fake check, then add it to my collection. At least they are out postage on the deal.

When they email "Did you get the check ?"

I reply "Yeah, but I've decided to keep your money, and the item.....I'm really not very honest....that's a problem when dealing with people on the internet..." :)

They usually go ballistic....threaten me with police action, jail time, etc.....I play along and generally they finally resort to begging me to send the shipper the funds...ahahhaaaa.....I like to see how long we can string it out before they give up.

If more people would do this, they'd at least have to come up with a better scam.

/ BEWARE SCAMERS ON THIS SITE #8  
I play along.....get them to pay for sending that fake check, then add it to my collection. At least they are out postage on the deal.

When they email "Did you get the check ?"

I reply "Yeah, but I've decided to keep your money, and the item.....I'm really not very honest....that's a problem when dealing with people on the internet..." :)

They usually go ballistic....threaten me with police action, jail time, etc.....I play along and generally they finally resort to begging me to send the shipper the funds...ahahhaaaa.....I like to see how long we can string it out before they give up.

If more people would do this, they'd at least have to come up with a better scam.

I play with them also.
They clearly do not know how obvious they are.
Their use of the English language is almost always pathetic.

/ BEWARE SCAMERS ON THIS SITE #9  
I get that all the time on Auto Trader and Kijiji. They want me to put dump trucks in shipping containers and send them to the Yukon, LOL.

I set up a second email for that so like some of you have said...I can play along when I'm bored, LOL.

/ BEWARE SCAMERS ON THIS SITE #10  
I play with them also.
They clearly do not know how obvious they are.
Their use of the English language is almost always pathetic.

I have one recently who's English was very good. Phone number was a North Carolina area code. He wanted my four row planters for his son who managers a farm I assume on the NC island he lived on. One row planter would be enough for that island.