Buying Advice Buying Advise

/ Buying Advise #1  

jrwhitey_2000

Looking to buy either a Kubota MX4800DT or John Deere 4052M and have 440 loader put on it so I have the quick detach loader. John Deere dealer is local. The Kubota dealer is not local. I tried local Kubota dealer and they will not deal. Either way I go I am adding TNT.,Green or Orange?

/ Buying Advise #2  
Looking to buy either a Kubota MX4800DT or John Deere 4052M and have 440 loader put on it so I have the quick detach loader. John Deere dealer is local. The Kubota dealer is not local. I tried local Kubota dealer and they will not deal. Either way I go I am adding TNT.,Green or Orange?

Which dealer was more knowledgeable and more communicative (local Kubota or JD)? When you say not local is that like 30 minutes away or 3 hours away? More than an hour and you’re going to have a lot in transport fees when you need service unless you can do it yourself and have lots of time. Just because a dealer won’t deal doesn’t mean it’s a bad sale. You could be getting more in service long term.

/ Buying Advise #3  
In your situation, green. Buying from a local dealer who will work with you is a solid first step of building a relationship with your dealer that will last years.

The tractors read as all but identical spec wise, with the JD being slightly better, so unless someone can chime in who's spent seat time in both I'd go with the JD.

/ Buying Advise
In your situation, green. Buying from a local dealer who will work with you is a solid first step of building a relationship with your dealer that will last years.

The tractors read as all but identical spec wise, with the JD being slightly better, so unless someone can chime in who's spent seat time in both I'd go with the JD.

The local Kubota dealer and JD dealer are about 15 minutes away. The Kubota dealer with the best price is about 1-1/2 away. I am not talking about a $500 dollar difference. I am talking like $3000. I will service machine myself.

/ Buying Advise #5  
The local Kubota dealer and JD dealer are about 15 minutes away. The Kubota dealer with the best price is about 1-1/2 away. I am not talking about a $500 dollar difference. I am talking like $3000. I will service machine myself.

I have to agree with TheMadOne then. I’d still try to buy local because at some point you’re going to need the dealer. At that much of a difference, definitely sounds like the one dealer isn’t that interested in the business. If there isn’t a compelling mechanical difference, seems your local JD dealer is a better choice.