choosing between a used with no DPF and newer with DPF

/ choosing between a used with no DPF and newer with DPF #1  

backwaterdogs

Tractor
jd 4020
Hey all,

Still trying to choose a tractor...need something in that 40 to 50hp range with a loader. Doesn't have to be hydrostat but needs 4wd.

I have a 66 gas 4020...would like to sell to get to one tractor....but if keep it, could get by with something in the 25 to 30 hp range. Long story short, I can make anything work and will be happy...I need a loader but ideally, I'd like only 1 tractor that doesn't need worked on just to get started. here are scenarios I'm considering:

scenario 1:
sell my 4020 for about 6.5K. Buy a new MX5800 for right at $30K with 0 financed. This would do all things I need and then some. My concern here is DPF. I typically will only work the tractor a few hours at a time, once or twice per week, with various stints of longer use. My concern is having to maintain and then at sometime replace that dpf for 3k.

Scenario 2:
keep or probably sell my 4020 and buy a used 2010 L4240 for about $18.5K. this L4240 has no DPF, but has weighted tires and about 1100 hours on it. $18.5 is lowest I can get seller. I could probably make this 1 tractor work...might a bit small for my 7ft mower though and require a different mower.

Scenario 3:
Keep my 4020 and buy either a used L32xx Kubota...2014 32 hp with no DPF and low hours...like 50 or less..like new condition. OR buy a new L2501 with no DPF at all. My concern here is if the smaller tractor will do the loader chores I have...which for now the heaviest would be filling in wash outs and creek banks with rip rap.

Would like to hear anyones opinion on these 3 scenarios and what you think. thanks!

WRT scenario 1 , i've priced also the MX4800 and MX5200. I lean toward the 5800 for the power, but also assuming it would run hotter and ultimately be more reliable with with regens...I could be wrong about that (probably am!)

/ choosing between a used with no DPF and newer with DPF #2  
I think the M series are sweet. When I hear those motors (older ones) I'm quite jealous in comparison to my rough sounding JD motor. I encouraged someone to buy a NEW Lgrand Cab Kubota with FEL and he just HATES it! Says it is too weak and the front snow blower is always breaking down.

/ choosing between a used with no DPF and newer with DPF #3  
I bought a new L2501 because I didn't want to deal with the DPF. But loader wise, it is a bit limited. I'd lean towards the MX.

/ choosing between a used with no DPF and newer with DPF #4  
Don't worry about the DPF and buy the new Kubota. It will probably out live you.

/ choosing between a used with no DPF and newer with DPF #5  
Scenario#2;I can comment;I own a L4240 HSTC and it has been a very good tractor:I have about 1200 hours on mine.Not a bad price either.HST +is a huge advantage over the smaller L's.

/ choosing between a used with no DPF and newer with DPF #6  
I think regen issues with any brand is a minimal concern at this point. I would make sure you buy the right size tractor regardless whether or not it's tier 4.

/ choosing between a used with no DPF and newer with DPF #7  
I think the M series are sweet. When I hear those motors (older ones) I'm quite jealous in comparison to my rough sounding JD motor. I encouraged someone to buy a NEW Lgrand Cab Kubota with FEL and he just HATES it! Says it is too weak and the front snow blower is always breaking down.

Kubota engines are so smooth and quiet. I have a new JD and it is considerably louder than a comparable Kubota.

/ choosing between a used with no DPF and newer with DPF
Thanks for the replies!

I was considering a decent deal on a if 4052m.

I've heard the JD is louder however.

/ choosing between a used with no DPF and newer with DPF #9  
Have you driven any of these tractors? I have driven a 4052m and a MX5200. Both machines are nice. Things I liked about the Deere are the ergonomics and it has a beefy rear-end. The MX5200 is one sweet machine. It drives and handles extremely well. Everything is smooth on the tractor especially the loader. If I ever do decide to buy a new tractor the MX5800 would be at the top of my list.

/ choosing between a used with no DPF and newer with DPF
I've driven the mx4800 not 5200 or 5800.

I've looked close in the 4052m and agree on ergo and beefier rear end and 3pt.

I can get the 4052m new 2017 model for 28.5 and same I think for mx5200. I have to drive about 6 hrs to get the deal on the Kubota is the downside.

Thinking hard about a use non dpf ... But dang would love a new tracotr at 0%!!!