Kioti vs Branson - New purchase 35hp range

/ Kioti vs Branson - New purchase 35hp range #1  

keith841

Tractor
2006 TYM T273
I have a 2006 TYM 273 with 1735 hrs on it. I have loved this tractor and had very good luck with it and want to upgrade to a new one and one lever higher. However I have discovered many west coast TYM dealers have discontinued selling the tractors and just sell parts and service. I live in Oregon and there are NO TYM dealers left here. I have narrowed it down to the choice of Kioti or Branson for my next new tractor in the 35 hp range. I'm looking for any advice from owners of those tractors or with knowledge about them. Thanks!

/ Kioti vs Branson - New purchase 35hp range #2  
I love my Branson. Heavy built, loves to work all day. If you have a good dealer, they are a great deal. Nothing against Kioti, I have no experience with them.

Why not Kubota, if I might ask?

/ Kioti vs Branson - New purchase 35hp range #3  
Have you checked out the new Rural King tractors? They're TYM's with Yanmar engines. A lot of tractor for the money.

/ Kioti vs Branson - New purchase 35hp range #4  
Have you checked out the new Rural King tractors? They're TYM's with Yanmar engines. A lot of tractor for the money.

No RK stores out west.

/ Kioti vs Branson - New purchase 35hp range #5  
I'm fairly satisfied with my Branson 8050, that said there isn't a lot of information around for them.
Branson USA is just about worthless they will not respond to an owner and I believe that there can be a lot lacking
in what information they pass on to a dealer. If you have a good dealer it'll be a good tractor.
Most of the manufactures have a website with complete parts breakdowns, NOT Branson and it is extremely hard
to locate service manuals. I have been told that they never produced a service manual for my tractor any repairs
they just tell the dealer what to do and as I said they don't communicate with owners. I have no experience with the
other imports but while the Branson seems to be decently built with a good feature content for the dollar I have a real bitter
pill to swallow when my dealer and others tell me that there is no service manual for my tractor. I find this hard to comprehend
and impossible to find acceptable. My dealer has been good and the tractor has been good it had a few quirks to work out
but that been done. So my advice is it will depend on your dealer and your abilities for maintenance and as an owner of one I can't recommend them
even though mine runs good and works good.
Good luck with your search.

/ Kioti vs Branson - New purchase 35hp range #6  
Kioti appears to be here to stay. I believe Branson was purchased by TYM in 2016. 'Nuff said?

/ Kioti vs Branson - New purchase 35hp range #7  
There are service manuals for the current Bransons. You do need a good dealer, but unless you need to have them work on the tractor you can do mail order. There is an on line parts catalog run by Big Red (but it's not the best execution of a parts catalog that I have seen). TYM said that they bought Branson for the licensed Cummins engines. Then they recently came out with a joint subcompact model that uses a 19hp Yanmar engine! Maybe Branson's weren't small enough. So far that one model's the only sign that TYM owns Branson.

I have not looked at a TYM but I did test drive a TYM built Mahindra. There were somethings I liked about that tractor better but the fit and finish of the Branson is better. A lot closer to Kubota L01 level. I have been pretty happy with my Branson. Kioti was not an option as there's no dealers around. I'm sure they're good too, lots of people have them and like them. If I was looking now I'd also look at Yanmar. The list prices are high but people report a lower street price.

/ Kioti vs Branson - New purchase 35hp range #8  
Istopped a week or two ago on the way to my farm at a place selling the new yanmars He gave me a price of 34000 bucks for the 47 hp open station with fel .I think that's way overpriced compared to other similar sized tractors

/ Kioti vs Branson - New purchase 35hp range #9  
I don't have a newer Kioti.
But my 2001 Kioti DK 35 sure has been good to me the past 17 years.

/ Kioti vs Branson - New purchase 35hp range #10  
I bought my 3520h Branson from Dave’s tractor in Redding Ca (delivered to Spokane, WA). The selling point was the engine, lifting capacity (out lifts others) and the weight (quite important to have as much weight to keep the tires planted on terra firma!) for the 35hp range.

A friend has a Kioti that I borrowed a few times before my Branson and it felt underpowered.