2013 Kubota BX2370....what's it worth?

/ 2013 Kubota BX2370....what's it worth? #1  

cals400ex

Tractor
None
I'm looking to possibly purchase a 2013 Kubota BX2370 that has 225 hours on it, Mid and Rear PTO, 60" mower, and a 60" rear blade. I'm hoping to use this to mow the lawn (the primary use) and use the blade to remove snow, and maybe a small amount of dirt. It does not have a FEL. I live in a subdivision and I'm only on a 1/2 acre lot, so it's probably overkill for mowing the lawn, but the hills are decent sized. The asking price is $8500. What are your thoughts on the price?

/ 2013 Kubota BX2370....what's it worth? #2  
New list for a 2018(less the rear blade,maybe $300+-) is $15,700.Jump on it for that price;it will be a forever mower.

/ 2013 Kubota BX2370....what's it worth?
Can the blade be used for moving a small amount of dirt? I'd like to use the blade to dig a small trench (1-1.5 feet in depth and width) to run corrugated drainage pipe from gutters away from the house. I would think this tractor could handle it, but I realize they can't move much dirt when they are this small.

Also, does the mower on these work fine for cutting my grass? Since I have a small lot (<1/2 acre), I don't want this tractor to be too big that I hate using it.

/ 2013 Kubota BX2370....what's it worth? #4  
Decent price. I'd say the rear blade won't work well for cutting a trench. Even if you don't think you need it, I'd plan on getting an FEL for it. You will probably use it more than you think. I've owned a BX for a little over 10 years, my opinion is they don't mow as well as a dedicated mower, but pretty close. They are a little heavy and mash down the grass a little. If you have hills though, they are great and much safer because of the front wheel assist.

/ 2013 Kubota BX2370....what's it worth? #5  
Can the blade be used for moving a small amount of dirt? I'd like to use the blade to dig a small trench (1-1.5 feet in depth and width) to run corrugated drainage pipe from gutters away from the house. I would think this tractor could handle it, but I realize they can't move much dirt when they are this small.

Also, does the mower on these work fine for cutting my grass? Since I have a small lot (<1/2 acre), I don't want this tractor to be too big that I hate using it.

It looks like a good price if it's in good condition.

Can it be used for moving a small amount of dirt? Sure. But being a blade, it isn't going to dig a 1.5' square trench... you're probably going to want a backhoe or excavator for that. They can move a lot of dirt, that's just not the appropriate implement for a trench like that. A drainage swale? Absolutely!

In terms of mowing, that's a big mower. I'm assuming it has turf tires and not R4/ag? Either way, unless you have very few obstacles, you might be happier with a garden tractor on that size lot. I mow about 4 acres but my fenced back yard for the dogs is about 1.5 acres and I spend a lot of time turning around, and that's with my little GT235. They can do a lot and some have 3-point hitches. I'm thinking like a Deere X7xx or something would give you some 3-point capabilities/4wd but be a more convenient size for mowing.

It does have turf tires. And thankfully, I don't have many obstacles to drive around.

Last edited:
Also, how difficult is it to add a FEL later on if I decide to do so? Can they be found used, or are they typically hard to come by?

/ 2013 Kubota BX2370....what's it worth? #8  
Sounds like a very good price. I agree with Dodge man on an FEL but I think that will be a serious challenge to find used. I can't believe anyone would get rid of one unless they totaled their tractor.

/ 2013 Kubota BX2370....what's it worth? #9  
On a lot that size, the BX is going to be a bit big and unwieldy. Will it work, sure. Optimal, no.

That size tractor IMHO is better suited to rougher yards (think farmhouses) with few fences or gates to work near. The main advantages for me would be the wider stance on slopes, 4WD when needed, and larger tires to roll over ruts, washouts, limbs, etc. as needed with a small rotary mower or flail. My L4600 with FEL is a bit much around the house FWIW. My friends little B-something is a nice lawnmower but, it's smaller tires are a no-go around my farmhouse.

Did these come with the LA243 or LA243A loaders? Are they both interchangeable if I can find a used one?