Buying Advice Evaluating options for a compact

/ Evaluating options for a compact #91  
Thank you, I find all this very interesting and well worth reading.

Re: seats. If I do go with Mahindra, as a final bargaining chip I'm gonna ask the dealer to switch out the standard seat with one of the new deluxe ones. If he won't, I'll probably just order one anyway.

Whatever tractor you get, there is an active market in upgraded seats. Most seating fits on a universal bolt pattern on the floor of the tractor. To that you can bolt a variety of seats with high backs, arm rests, and much better padding. It's pretty simple, four bolts and a wire is typical. Most anyone who plans to spend much time in a truck or a tractor changes to an upgraded seat.

It's a competitive market with lots of competitive seat manufacturers all making pretty nice seats.
The basic difference is whether it is a mechanical (spring) suspension, or an air-ride type with 12 volt compressor built in.
Each on our two big tractors has one. On one it is mechanical, on the other air-ride. Both are OEM seats.

Seat prices range from about $350 for a nicely padded highseat with a decent cover material on the padding and a mechanical (springs) suspension.....
Concentric International High-Back Tractor Seat with Integrated Suspension - Black - Tractor Parts - Harvest & Tillage - Farm & Ranch

Air ride seats go on up to a thousand plus and more for an air-ride seat with all the above with the compressor in the base for the air ride cylinders.
The air ride is so much better that it's no contest - except for the price
Grammer is the high-end, and expensive provider of seats to the pros. But they do have a line that is affordable enough to be worth looking at for mechanical and air ride styles both.
Air Ride Seats for Tractors, Trucks, & More - GRAMMER

Good luck,
rScotty

/ Evaluating options for a compact
Today is the day. Going to write a check for a Kioti ck3510se hst. Not sure how long it'll take them to deliver it, since next week is the 4th holiday, but whenever it gets here, I've already got a list of jobs that'll probably take me 2 years to complete. I know everyone likes pictures, so I'll post a couple whenever it gets here.

Thanks for all the helpful advice everyone. I've learned a lot in the last couple months, and much of it came from this forum.

/ Evaluating options for a compact #93  
Congrats!

I'm heading up to our house in Sullivan Cty later today. Hoping to put a few hours on ours, maybe cleaning up / chipping some downed branches or cutting a couple of short trails for the SxS. The EA Grapple I ordered back in April (before I even ordered the tractor) has finally shipped, but won't be delivered until Monday... :(

/ Evaluating options for a compact #94  
Congratulations, NYCheese! Great feeling, isn't it?

BTW, I find the stock seat on the 26XL quite comfortable and find I don't miss the armrests.

20180629_132254.jpg

Just got home from writing the check. Will be delivered next Thurs or Fri. Also included is 60" brush hog and box blade. Can't wait to get to work next weekend.

/ Evaluating options for a compact #96  
Congratulations! Enjoy your new toy... I mean tool! Don't let them see your inner-child-on-a-huge-Tonka-toy grin!
:drink:

Don't forget ROPS up, seatbelt on, and bystanders far away. :thumbsup:

Thanks! I definitely plan on being extra cautious while I learn to use it. My entire property is a hill, and I'm not taking any chances. And even though it goes against everything I've ever known, I do intend to read the manual cover to cover, before I get started doing anything.

/ Evaluating options for a compact #98  
Thanks! I definitely plan on being extra cautious while I learn to use it. My entire property is a hill, and I'm not taking any chances. And even though it goes against everything I've ever known, I do intend to read the manual cover to cover, before I get started doing anything.

Me too. I'm now 7 days in. Doing the easiest jobs first (driveway) working my way up. (Did you get filled tires?) The manual, yes, I asked for it before the tractor was delivered. First read you barely get a clue, but when questions arise you remember there was something in the manual about that.... Much thumbed and grease-stained already. :) And then when all else fails, there's this forum! What a blessing. I'm still feeling like it's Christmas and have mine parked outside where I can turn my head right now, and see it (with a tarp over the middle). Silly me. :)

Enjoy every minute.

Me too. I'm now 7 days in. Doing the easiest jobs first (driveway) working my way up. (Did you get filled tires?) .

Yes, they will be filled with beet juice before delivery.

My first major task will be digging a trench, uphill, about 270 feet, to bury the electric for my new garage/shed (the tractor parking spot).

Tractor was delivered today. Spent all afternoon using it to clear up a couple trees that blew over on Tuesday. I'll get to work on digging that 270ft trench tomorrow.

I'll post some more pictures a bit later....although she's still pretty clean, so it looks the same as it did on the dealer lot a week ago. At the same time, something about it sitting in my driveway makes it look a lot nicer to me.

Thanks everyone for all the tips and advice during my research and shopping process.