Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tractor
    New Holland

Default Re: Talk me into one or the other

smartascii-

I知 in the same boat as you.... same dealer too.... I知 torn between the XG3025 and the XG3140....

My gut tells me to go big and have less regrets.... but I値l prob go with hydro... please keep us posted on what you buy.... keep in mind though when comparing LS to New Holland make sure you look at total cost if you are a finance buyer.

LS w/ cheaper initial cost @ 3.9/5.9 vs a NH wth a higher initial cost @ 0/1.9%. Just something to consider. Also I too are considering Kioti.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    1710 Ford, Versatile 150

Tough choice! Either of the three will do you very well. Whether or not you should buy the extra horsepower depends on what exactly you plan on doing with it. The 3025 will do you vary well but it does not have the lifting capacity the larger ones do - is it enough - you need to decide. If you are serious about doing dirtwork such as digging a pond the extra weight and hp would be nice but you could get it done with the 3025 - it will just take longer. I dug a couple of feet down for my 40 x 60 building and got the area leveled and ready for concrete in about eight hours with my 28 hp 1710 and a 5' box blade. For mowing I would think less weight would be nicer.

The bottom line is that it sounds like most of the time you are going to be doing lighter weight work so the 3025 fits the use better - if it has enough lifting power for the pallets of building materials.

As far as brands I prefer the LS with the Mitsubishi engine and I like the quiktach loader bucket on the LS loader.

Tractor
    LS MT125

I can't speak to the price of the other machines, but that quote on the XG3025 is $800 less than the price my dealer has printed on the floor. I was shopping for a rotary cutter today.

Tractor
    Branson 8050, IH 574, Oliver 1550 Diesel Utility

Get enough tractor and loader to lift and carry the pallets of building material you mentioned.

Fanning Springs, Gilchirst County, North-Central Florida
    Tractor
    Kubota Tractor Loader L3560 HST 37-hp / 5,400 pounds operating weight

Quote Originally Posted by smartascii View Post
    I'm closing next week on a house on a little over three acres of land (which is fairly flat and has a total of seven trees).

The house itself is not quite a tear-down, but it's going to need an extensive remodel. So the purpose of this tractor is maintaining the three acres, loader work to remove literal tons of junk left strewn around the property, and, at least for the duration of the remodel, moving pallets of building materials from the trailer to the house.

Pallets of bagged concrete mix, drywall mud, tile, etc. could be a ton per loaded pallet.

This would require a tractor of at least 4,000 pounds bare tractor weight, better 5,000 pounds bare tractor weight for safe operation by a novice tractor operator.

Quite a bit of tractor expense for someone with three acres of flat land.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 2655 HST Cab, Deere 350C Dozer, Case 580CK TLB

Quote Originally Posted by smartascii View Post
    I went to Mahindra of Massillon, which is the dealer I assume you're referencing. I don't know if maybe I'm making a mistake telling these dealers that this is my first tractor, but he quoted me $19k for a Max 26 XL, and 23k for a 1533 Shuttle. I think these are MSRPs, so either they don't deal, or he thinks I can't go online and do research. The tractors themselves were fine, I was just surprised by the amount he was asking.
    They should deal to some extent. My 2655 HST Cab with the loader has an MSRP of just over $45k but I got it for just over $35k but then I added other things like loaded tires, extra remotes, 3rd function, etc. There were other Mahindra promotions that came into play like cash back and cash price. So to answer your question, they should come off MSRP. Best thing to do is figure out which model you want and get 4 or 5 dealers to price it for you. Maybe the one close by will match the price if they aren't already the lowest.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123