One new lawn tractor on the lot

/ One new lawn tractor on the lot #21  
It well be out of your price range but let's face it quality costs. In 1968 my father bought a new 8 hp JD 110 lawn/garden tractor with a 38" deck for $900, he used it for 25 years then sold it. In todays dollars that $900 would be $6,600, which makes a JD 590 with a 25hp engine and 48" deck seem like a bargain at $7,700.

Yes it does. I should get out more.

/ One new lawn tractor on the lot #22  
1968 was heck of a year for the USA..lots of things going on, some if not most not so good

/ One new lawn tractor on the lot #23  
The JD X590 had it's break in ride today. Glad I made the right choice for me. We test drove a Big Dog 54" Maverick, which was a great mower. We just didn't think the zero turn was right for us. And after today on the X590 I'm glad to say I made the right choice on this one.

View attachment 555240

That's a fine looking machine you've got there! If my local dealer stocked them, they might sell well here.

/ One new lawn tractor on the lot #24  
Then do yourself a faver and don't check out the JD X700 series tractors....:eek:
My 2011 X740 diesel 60 inch 7 iron deck..OP that X590 will last a looong time,great looking machine

Attachments

• Ford Truck 181.jpg
    Ford Truck 181.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 176
   / One new lawn tractor on the lot #25  
My 2011 X740 diesel 60 inch 7 iron deck..OP that X590 will last a looong time,great looking machine

Yes it will, and yes it is. Your X740 is too. Remember that I said the X700's have significant improvements and strengths over the X500's. I didn't say the X700's weren't good machines (I'd love to have an X758)..........just that they are spendy and that our Alaskan friend shouldn't look them up since the MSRP of an X590 shocked him.

I'll likely be picking up an X570 shortly (and that's spendy enough, at twice the price of a Husqvarna TS348D). THE X570 will cover my mowing needs on this property (and the landscaping/fencing/etc work will get done with rental backhoes and mini ex's) until I retire, sell my place, and GTFO California. Then I'll have different tractor needs.... :)

/ One new lawn tractor on the lot #26  
That's a fine looking machine you've got there! If my local dealer stocked them, they might sell well here.

Sorry Teach. As I found out from my local JD dealer on Tuesday, we cannot get the X580, X584, or X590 here in Ca. JD isn't producing C.A.R.B. certified versions of those models.

Same with other mfg's, such as Husqvarna with the Kawasaki powered TS348XD and TS354XD and Cub Cadet with the XT2 54GSD. Some of the X700 and X300 series JD's aren't available in Ca either.

The good news is that the X570 is available in Ca and is a fine machine. Would have been nice to get an X580 or X590 though.....

/ One new lawn tractor on the lot #27  
Count me in as another satisfied JD garden tractor owner. Just hit 500 hours on my X750. Most basic diesel unit they make, and if you can't drive a zero turn, which I can't due to physical limitations (mostly drive with one hand) JD is the only maker of a diesel garden tractor that I know of.
They've been making these heavy duty mowers so long that I think they really have them refined and useful. Yes, you can mow faster with a zero turn, and I've owned a Ferris and for sure you can fly with a zturn. But the JD remains one of the most satisfying pieces of equipment I've ever bought. Plus they seem to hold their value fairly well.

Congrats to FfPhil on new mower. Nice to buy stuff, albeit expensive, that you know will really last.
BTW the standard turf tires on my X750 are 26x12's and they have a lot of grip. get them muddy though and forget about it.
OP's all terrain tires should serve him well.

Local dealer really had to hunt to find my X750. All they stock anymore are zero turns.

/ One new lawn tractor on the lot #28  
Sorry Teach. As I found out from my local JD dealer on Tuesday, we cannot get the X580, X584, or X590 here in Ca. JD isn't producing C.A.R.B. certified versions of those models.

Same with other mfg's, such as Husqvarna with the Kawasaki powered TS348XD and TS354XD and Cub Cadet with the XT2 54GSD. Some of the X700 and X300 series JD's aren't available in Ca either.

The good news is that the X570 is available in Ca and is a fine machine. Would have been nice to get an X580 or X590 though.....

It took a while for Husqvarna to release the CARB version of mine. I nearly drove to Reno and used my sister's Colorado address......I wonder if there are any JD dealers in Nevada or Oregon? ;)

/ One new lawn tractor on the lot
There are JD dealers in Oregon!

And Kubota makes a diesel mower just as costly as the JD. Would have really like to own the diesel version but with buying a new tractor at the same time had to stop the bleeding somewhere.

We are all extremely fortunate to have these rider problems. I remember about 25 years ago drooling over a Honda self propelled walk behind mower and walking away with my tail between my legs to go buy a craftsman push mower.

/ One new lawn tractor on the lot #30  
It took a while for Husqvarna to release the CARB version of mine. I nearly drove to Reno and used my sister's Colorado address......I wonder if there are any JD dealers in Nevada or Oregon? ;)

There are JD dealers in Oregon!

Hmmmmmm.....

A road trip might be in order at some point. :mischievous: