Buying Advice Turbo or not

/ Turbo or not #2  
Turbo adds complexity to engine.

Turbo ameliorates engine power loss during high altitude operation.

( I prefer large displacement engines to lower displacement engines at moderate altitudes. Torque generally comes on at lower RPMs.)

/ Turbo or not #3  
I'm a big fan of diesels, more so of turbo'd ones. I'll take the added complexity of of the system for the added power and fuel efficiency, even at my lower altitudes. I've kicked around the idea of adding a turbo to my little 27hp JD 3005, have added a turbo to an old '84 Chevy K30 military truck I had, and loved the results on the 6.2l v-8. No intercooler, about 10 lbs of boost under load... my Ford 7.3 powerstrokes are all high miles, but still keep on chugging along, all over 300k. With some basic maintenance, not much different than what one should be doing for their diesel motor anyway, and better power and fuel economy.

/ Turbo or not #4  
a turbocharger has a lag, and operates at an extremely fast RPM, and can't compete with a supercharger, much lower RPM, instant response, and much higher boost possible.. so, if the choice came down to a turbocharger or displacement, and a supercharger is ruled out, displacement is better!..

/ Turbo or not #5  
A turbo is a wonderful device. But also expensive initially and potentially down the road. I personally prefer a larger engine without turbo working less, rather then flogging the smaller one for more power. There is more profit in selling a smaller engine tractor with a turbo and it's also a big selling point.

/ Turbo or not
My reason for this question is the 2 tractors I'm looking at, kioti nx4510 has a turbo 3 cylinder, and a TYM 454 non turbo 4 cylinder. There specs are pretty close aside from completely different engines. I live in central pa where elevation is just moderate.

/ Turbo or not #7  
How does displacement compare?

/ Turbo or not #8  
The TYM has a 2.2L (133 cu in) Yanmar naturally aspirated 4 cylinder diesel. The Kioti has a 1.8L (111 cu in) Daedong turbocharged 3 cylinder diesel.

/ Turbo or not
They TYM has a 2.2L (133 cu in) Yanmar naturally aspirated 4 cylinder diesel. The Kioti has a 1.8L (111 cu in) Daedong turbocharged 3 cylinder

Correct. I will be using a 6' brush hog to mow about 20 acres, some loader work, eventually a grapple bucket, maintaining logging roads and driveways. Property is pretty hilly.

/ Turbo or not #10  
I'm at low elevation, and more concerned with long term durability, so I passed on the turbo.