How many Sub CUT owners have added toothbars?

/ How many Sub CUT owners have added toothbars? #1  

bandit67

Veteran Member
Tractor
2012 B3000 HSDCC 2020 Z251 Zero Turn
I notice that there seem to be a lot of posts from the Compact owners and how much they use and love their toothbars, but not so many from the owners of the Sub Compacts.

I have a Sub, and am ready to order one, but wonder if it will make it that much easier for me to overwork the smaller loader, and maybe break something. So, will it make my little 24 hp sub with under 500# capacity loader a digging machine, or is the loader just too wimpy to justify adding a toothbar?

/ How many Sub CUT owners have added toothbars? #2  
I just bought one in May - - ordered it from Carver Equipment. The price was $299 delivered. My BX22 handles it OK. A bit of what I'm doing is uprooting yaupons & small saplings. Works great for that, although I'm sure with a bigger machine you might be able to rip the stuff up quicker. If it gets too big for the FEL & toothbar, I'll turn around & use the back hoe.
No regrets here.

/ How many Sub CUT owners have added toothbars? #3  
I don't think there is a relationship to size, but there is a realationship to loaders...

As a matter of fact, I would think the less the HP of the tractor, the more important the toothbar would be to the functionality of the loader...

So if one has a sub cut with a loader, he owes it to himself to buy a toothbar for that loader!

Gee...It sounds like I'm a toothbar fan! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

When I was I kid I loved the tooth fairy too... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The logic is clear...all who loved the tooth fairy as a kid should have a toothbar on their loader! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It really makes the loader work easier. Rather than jamming it into the ground, the ground peels into the bucket. If you get too much in the bucket, the pressure relief will open, and the bucket will not lift...

Wimpy loader related to lift is a separate question from ease of getting material into the bucket...

Myself, I would not even blink. I would get the toothbar...but I have one on my cut, so I know why... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ How many Sub CUT owners have added toothbars?
Well (following Henro's logic), since I liked the tooth fairy when I was a kid because she gave me money and I had images in my mind of her being a miniature really hot babe, I guess I should order a toothbar for my loader. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ How many Sub CUT owners have added toothbars? #5  
I married the tooth fairy and she is really a very hot babe... not to mention that now that I am retired, she gives me money.
I also have a tooth bar, but haven't put it back on this spring/summer. Don't find a need for it since the BX has a lot of power for its size. If I was doing some of the things that others here are doing, I would use it. To me, it is like the tools that I have. I don't use them all the time, but when I need one, I know that I have it.... Got to go, the tooth fairy has my projects laid out for the day. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif You don't really believe that do you?????? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ How many Sub CUT owners have added toothbars? #6  
Count me in......Got one for my BX22 also thru Carver. Mine has come in especially handy when dealing with brush. When I really need to dig....I use the backhoe. Why???? Because I can. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Absolutely no regrets. Chuck

/ How many Sub CUT owners have added toothbars? #7  
I have been reading all the posts I can on pro's & con's of the different types of toothbars,With the attachment being the deciding factor for me. My toothbar will be delivered tomorrow (yahoo can't wait to rip out some dead tree's and brush /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif) Got mine from markham $260 delivered.
One of the reasons to have a toothbar is when removing a tree ,If you can't position yourself in direction you want to push (because of space limitation)without a toothbar the tree would just slide down the edge of the bucket, But with a toothbar a tooth will catch the tree and you can steer it in the direction you want to go /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gifThis is one instance I have come up against,not to mention just breaking up hard ground surface & sod which you can transplant where needed,etc.