Still shopping

/ Still shopping #1  

micdelbo

Tractor
Ford 3000, JD 4115
Talked to 2 Kubota dealers about the B7610. They both said they do not stock B2410's due to premium price for features not wanted by their customers. Both gave straight forward pricing with no haggling. Both were within $200 of each other.
B7610 with 352FEL, 60"mmm for $15,500 and $15,700 delivered.

I talked to my JD dealer and he still has a 4100 with 410FEL, 54" 4 way blade, 48"SB, and 60"mmm, asking $17.5k. Was asking 19k with 15 ft cart and extra set of tires and wheels. I still offered him 17k and he said to check with him on Thursday as he has a cust. who may be interested in my 425 and may be able give me more than $3800 on trade. I think I could sell my 425 with 137 hrs. for $4,250-$5,000.

The Kubota seems like a good deal as I could buy a larger rear mount snowblower for it and be at the same price or lower on a 4 horse larger brand new tractor than the JD. The front blade and snowblower would be nice but how useful is the front blade, If I want to move a lot, I use my 84 inch Landpride blade on my 3000.

I test drove the Kubota and liked its turning radius and ergonomics. As my wife and I will be using this unit to replace our 425 I want to be sure it is easy to mow with. I don't know which mmm and loader would be easier to put on and take off, the JD or Kubota, or which has the best cut. I know my 425 mows beautifully and know most JD's do.

I know this is taking a lot of time and effort but I want to be sure I am making the right choice.

Thanks for any input.

Mike

/ Still shopping #2  
You're looking at ~ 24hp tractors? Have you considered NH? Their 24hp size and FEL is about the best in the industry (in my opinion) right now due to the new sloped hood and curved loader arms. Just another option, but don't let me confuse the issue if you've already ruled them out!

/ Still shopping #3  
I own the B7610 and love it. The MMM comes on and off very easy. I have 3 orange dealers within my 30 miles of me and all of them were within $400 of each. I got the tractor, FEL, MMM, and 4 foot BB for $15000. If that helps. All three dealers didn't charge for delivery. The hardest implements to take on and off are the 3 PT ones on the back. The MMM comes off and goes on in about 5 minutes rather easy as long as I use the FEL to lift up the front in of the tractor. The FEL is even easier to remove and put on. maybe 2 to 3 minutes. I mow around 6 to 8 acres. It generally takes me around 4 to 5 hours. It used to take me 12 to 16 hours on my sears mower. Very easy to use. The hydro works great for backing up and going forward. The power steering is wonderful. Has more power than I thought that it should. The 60 inch MMM can get pretty close to things. Although the ROPS sometimes catches things. I have already started trimming my trees up and enlarging my flower beds. Hope that this helps.

Donald B.