KUBOTA M6800 or NH TN75

/ KUBOTA M6800 or NH TN75 #1  

FIREWALLIT

Trying to decide between the Kubota M6800 and NH TN75. Both with cab, 4WD, self leveling loader and Hyd. shuttle trans. Will be used to load a dump truck, box blade, disc, brush hog and clear brush. Any input, PROS/CONS would be appreciated.

/ KUBOTA M6800 or NH TN75 #2  
I test drove a M6800 4wd with loader. The tractor is very nice, but the bucket was hard to see due to the massiveness of the front end of the tractor.

I also test drove a NH TC55DA - not quite the model you refer to, but the hood was sloped nicely so the front bucket could be viewed easily. The NH loader I think is also rated with a higher capacity - check the specs to make sure.

Make sure you test drive both of them multiple times if needed to make that decision.

Good Luck

Yooper Dave

/ KUBOTA M6800 or NH TN75 #3  
I think I would definitely be partial to the better ergonomics (my opinion) of the NH. They're both very good tractors, but the more comfortable, easier used, to me would be the NH. John

/ KUBOTA M6800 or NH TN75 #4  
Definitely the New Holland. I have driven both tractors in the past. The New Holland feels much more substantial. Maybe the Kubota that I was using was not ballasted properly, but it felt like a dog for what I was doing (ground engaging work).
I think my opinion is proven by the tractor weight. The New Holland is considerably heavier, 10%+.
Plus, I didn't like the Kubota's old-fashioned, gear selector in the middle of the operator's platform. Advantage: New Holland.

/ KUBOTA M6800 or NH TN75 #5  
NH TN series have more tire options thn the Kubota.

Also when I sat on the Kubota M6800 is seesmed very big from the inside out. The New Holland seemed smaller and better views.

My TN70DA is due in very soon, not soon enough for me /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif.

/ KUBOTA M6800 or NH TN75 #6  
I have used both and have had a TN75D for 3 years. My dealer sells both and besides my own opinion he steered me toward the NH. The machine works great, has great visibility, excellent loader strength. I found the Kubota "boxy" and not as nimble even though it is smaller. I think you'll also find that the AC and heater in the NH are superior.

Andy

/ KUBOTA M6800 or NH TN75 #7  
Go with NH. G

/ KUBOTA M6800 or NH TN75 #8  
There is a TN75 in the TBN classifieds for $19,999. It's in Texas. John

/ KUBOTA M6800 or NH TN75 #9  
I sure wouldn't get a TN serious NH. The engine is made by Fiat and all they are is a fancy "Long" tractor. The old Long tractor had the same engine and were made the same place and were a piece of junk. Believe I know.

/ KUBOTA M6800 or NH TN75 #10  
You're wrong.
Long tractors were built under Fiat license by UTB (Universal) in ROMANIA. They were leaky, rough etc, but hard to say junk. Lot of them run here even at worse quality inspection than for Long.
TN tractors are built in Jesi, Italy. Engine is IVECO AIFO.
Engine on TN75 is 3 cyl direct injected turbo diesel with 2920 cc, 37%torque rise, and run at 2300rpm at full speed, max power at 2100 rpm, and on Kubota 4cyl indirect injected 3320 cc, run at 2600 rpm, with 27% torque rise, if my memory is good. So, little Fiat (TN) has better, more elastic engine, and better fuel economy (direct vs indirect, turbo vs natural etc).
TN is heavier built, equipped with more sturdy front axle and planetary final drives at hubs, vs bevel gear axle on Kubota (like on small CUT-s)
BTW, Hesston tractors were Fiat 66 series, and were considered like bulletproof, with similar IVECO AIFO engine.

I have 23y old tractor with Romanian engine built in, and no complains. It has 7000 hours clocked, just with replaced injectors. Engine wasn't ever touched up to now.

So, NH TN can't be worse than Kubota, if is not better /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif