URSUS Tractors????

/ URSUS Tractors???? #1  

Birdhunter1

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2638
I have been looking at new MF's in the 45-65hp range. Tonight I was looking on ebay for some parts for my MF 135 (and saw in the tractor section that they were selling these Ursus tractors the description/ad said "Ursus trctors like Massey." Being the inquisitive person I am I loooked at them and then did a google search and compared specs to a MF book I have on new MF's. I believe after looking and comparing them that they are the same tractor, these are ag tractors not compacts. Does anyone know anythig about these Ursus tractors, dealers etc?

/ URSUS Tractors???? #2  
Ursus has been the Massey licensee for Poland for years. The MF 231 used to be built by them. There are some dealers in the US.

/ URSUS Tractors???? #3  
There is a dealer here in Ironton OH. Doesn't have a web site but Phone 7405324540 Ask for Ryan or Bob.. I like the way they look but didn't need any thing that big.. Good luck. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ URSUS Tractors???? #4  
WB- It's my understanding that MF is no longer receiving production from Poland. That these 231 they have now are coming from Brazil? Or do they still get some tractors from Turkey?
Chuck M.

/ URSUS Tractors???? #6  
hey Chuck,

Hmmm......not positive on the 231,but I think Uzel is building them these days for Massey.

/ URSUS Tractors???? #7  
i am looking at buying a ursus 5414 4wd
and wanted to know what massey ferguson model it is and if the are any pros cons of these tractors
also where can i get part maybe for the front axle as one wheel is locked.
thanks
utb550