Tractor Sizing Looking to go up in size from my Ford 1920

/ Looking to go up in size from my Ford 1920 #11  
The other fellow posted the link for you ( thanks! ).

And I was in your boat.

It took me about 5 hrs to do my mowing.. course Iwas using a 5' hog.. and could have shaved 20 minutes off with a 6' hog.. but that wasn't enough.

I was one day away from buying a sweet looking ford 5000
( about 63 hp )that was mint fresh and restored and a 10' mower. I kinda whish i had.. so I could have kept the 1920 and not traded it.. but this 7610 is a whole lotta tractor
( about 90hp ). Uses a bit of fuel.. but with that same 10' mower.. didn't even notice 2-3' dense grass or 1" woody material.

Mine is 2wd... I only used 4wd on the 1920 when I was discing.. and that was because I didn't have enough weight or hp to do that job.. I think the 7610 will though /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

iF YOU NEED A TAD MORE HP... LOOK AT AN AG TRACTOR.. LIKE i MENTIONED.. FORD 5000 OLDER 6610.. ETC. eVEN OLDER FORD 7xxx SERIES AND 8xxx series.. (oops.. capslock.. ) Also.. the case 1XXX series.. all 65+ hp.. and should pull 12' mowers.. etc. Some of the older ag jobs are inthe 4-6K range. I looked at a case 1070 85?hp and it was rusty and 4000 and ran out ok.

Mowers are built of money.. as far as I can tell. I did alotta research, and found that jd15' was 11k bushhog 12' was 7k 15' was 8.xk I ended up with a 3pt 10' howse for an awesome deal of 2.5k.. but could have gotten the 10' pull kind for 3.1k

I looked at a few other 10' mowers all inthe 3-4k range.. kodiak, etc.

If ya got any questions.. let me know.

Soundguy

/ Looking to go up in size from my Ford 1920 #12  
The 7610S is the same as the new TB series in New Hollands lineup. They updated the sheetmetal and called it a TB.

/ Looking to go up in size from my Ford 1920
Well guys, tomorrow is crunch day for me. If I'm going to use New Holland credit and get 0% financing, I have to buy a tractor by 7/31/04. Here's the stats, I can get a new 2004 TN65D 4 wheel drive with a NH 32LA self leveling 72" bucket, 8x8 syncro transmission,hydraulic couplers, one rear remote,2 mid remotes,floor mats and rops, the big ag tires,16.9GPM hydraulic pump with oil(nice that they include the oil) and rear weights for only $3,200 more than the New Holland TC48DA 4 wheel drive with loader and wheel weights. Is this worth the difference? I have to decide by tomorrow or the TN tractor might be gone !!! The only thing I am not sure of is the transmission in the TN65. Is the 8x8 syncro transmission easy to work and OK for loader work? I am use to a 12x12 syncronized mechanical shuttle shift( SSS ) Like whats on the smaller TC48. Any body out there in tractor land ever use the TN 8x8 transmission ? Is it good? HELP /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Looking to go up in size from my Ford 1920 #14  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Well guys, tomorrow is crunch day for me. If I'm going to use New Holland credit and get 0% financing)</font>
Can't really help with your decision, but what would you like to bet that the financing will be extended? It has been over and over for a while with most companies. John

/ Looking to go up in size from my Ford 1920
Its decision time again! One of my local dealers has found a New Holland TN65D tractor for me. Anybody out there familiar with this model? I am a little puzzled, the dealer says its new, but the NH web site has no info on this tractor. The best I can figure out is thats its discontinued? Was there something wrong with this model? Its 4 wheel drive with a cab and has the 16x16 transmission. Any information would be helpful.

/ Looking to go up in size from my Ford 1920 #16  
I've found specs on a couple sites.. most of the info jives.. so here is what I found:

made 98/99

ind pto

class 2 hitch

2 hyd outlets as standard equipment

16 gallon fuel tank to feed a 4cyl / 238 ci engine making 57 pto hp.

Soposedly about 27k$ new

Soundguy

/ Looking to go up in size from my Ford 1920 #17  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Its decision time again! One of my local dealers has found a New Holland TN65D tractor for me. Anybody out there familiar with this model? I am a little puzzled, the dealer says its new, but the NH web site has no info on this tractor. The best I can figure out is thats its discontinued? Was there something wrong with this model? Its 4 wheel drive with a cab and has the 16x16 transmission. Any information would be helpful. )</font>

The TN65D was made up until about the end of last year. The TNA models are the same tractor with different sheet metal. They are excellent tractors. I have a TND75 which is the same tractor with a turbo and 10 more hp. The dealers I go to have a few non A models around and nobody seems to be discounting them because of the new models. I would buy it. You'll love it.

Andy

/ Looking to go up in size from my Ford 1920 #18  
I second what Andy says.

For just a little bit more than the TC48, you're getting a heck of a lot more tractor with the TN65. You'll love it!!

If you have the option to get the cab for a good deal, definitely go for it. The TN cabs are fantastic. The 8x8 tranny is very smooth and versatile - but if you have the opportunity to get the 16x16 it's worth the extra couple hundred bucks. The 16x16 has a couple of creeper-like gears that are great for trenching.