Tractor Sizing Looking to go up in size from my Ford 1920

/ Looking to go up in size from my Ford 1920 #1  

KenPauling

Silver Member
Tractor
Now Holland TN 65D with Cab
I just sold my Ford 1920 4 wheel drive tractor and loader. I absolutely loved it, but I want to move up at least one size and up in HP. I have been looking at the NH TC48DA 4 wheel drive with loader. Is this the tractor to go to? I don't need a giant machine just something a little bigger and more HP. I would greatly appreciate any ideas even changing to a JD or Kubota. I want something as rugged and reliable as my 1920. Any ideas? Are the NH TC48s as solid and rugged as my Ford 1920? I mow a lot of fields and move lots of snow in the winter!

/ Looking to go up in size from my Ford 1920 #2  
I would go to either the TC48 or the TC55. Personally I would go to the 55 with the ESS trans. The 48 and 55 are based on the very sucessful reliable 2120 which is one step up from your 1920. Since it reuses many of the 2120 parts I would expect it to be very reliable. I've been running my 2120 hard for 17 years.

Andy

/ Looking to go up in size from my Ford 1920
Thanks Andy! Your words of experience and knowledge are very helpful. I'm suprised no one else could recommend a JD or a Kubota of similar size or power. I'm sure they have competitive tractors. Its just as well, I have had good service from Ford-NH, I ran my Ford for 10 years and the only thing I had to replace was the front ag tires because the originals were starting to get cracks in the side walls. This was my second Ford-NH tractor and my first (a 1710) ran perfect for over 10 years until I decided to get a bigger tractor. Its funny, it has worked out, every ten years I outgrow my tractor and need a bigger one !

/ Looking to go up in size from my Ford 1920 #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Its funny, it has worked out, every ten years I outgrow my tractor and need a bigger one ! )</font>

Well then, just move up 2 sizes now, and save yourself the hassles of upgrading for the next 20 years! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

See how easy it is for us to spend your money? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

By the way - Welcome to TBN! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Looking to go up in size from my Ford 1920 #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Well then, just move up 2 sizes now, and save yourself the hassles of upgrading for the next 20 years! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
)</font>

I know you were joshin' Gary, but I think anyone considering a TC48/55DA should also consider the TN series. The TN has many upsizing/add-on options that the big Boomers don't have. I suspect the price difference would not be too big of a sticker shock either.

As an aside....
I drove by my dealer's place this morning and he must have had ten TNs (Say "ten TNs" out loud three times real fast /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif) on his lot in mostly cab configurations. The summer heat here must be bringing in a lot of folks who want a cab and AC. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Looking to go up in size from my Ford 1920 #6  
Ken

I also ran a 1710 before upgrading to my 2120. I now have a 2120 and a can TN75D. For many things I like the 2120 better as I "feel" closer to the work. I have used both 2120's and 1920 and there is a fair amount of difference. The TN is also an excellent tractor and with the 75 hp turbo it certainly doesn't lack for power. I would imagine the TC55 doesn't either (since the 2120's power is ok and the 55 adds 12 more hp) Where the TN really comes in to play is its loader dapacity and it's bulk weight when using heavier implements.

Andy

Summer heat ? Up here in Northcentral Pa there has been no such thing. Its been raining since May, five to six days a week and the highs during the day have been in the 60 to low 70s!! At night it has averaged 50-55 degrees !! You might need the AC but we need the heater! At night you need to wear a coat to go for a walk, if not for the cold, then the rain! The ground has hardly dried out at all and the weeds are winning !! Seriously, I love the TNs but my budget and size of my small fields say no. No Texas size fields on my property.

/ Looking to go up in size from my Ford 1920 #8  
I just got rid of my 4wd Nh 1920 as well...

As someone else mentioned.. the 2120 is all a 1920 is, plus some steroids..

At one time I even considered a 3010S nice looking tractor.

I just made the jump to a 7610S very nice machine. I mowed my pasture today in 2.5 hours and a 10' mower. Used to take my nearly 5 hours on my 1920 and 5' mower..

I loved my 1920... was an awesome machine..

Soundguy

Hi Soundguy ! Tell me something about your 7610s. Is it made by New Holland? I'm having trouble finding it on the web. Can you post a picture of it? I have fields that take me about 5-6 hours to mow with my 1920 and a 6' KingKutter. It would be great to cut that time in half. Is your new tractor 4 wheel drive and did you get a loader with it? What did your new tractor cost you? If you don't want to post it, send me a private message. I need some help from anyone with experience using 35-60 HP tractors. Maybe the TC48DA is too small and I need to go up a little bigger. My little 1920 worked hard plowing thru 4 and 5 foot snow drifts last winter.

/ Looking to go up in size from my Ford 1920 #10  
Ken,

Here's a link Traded My 1920 and Got a 7610S to the thread that Chris posted when he bought the 7610. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It has pictures! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif