Interstate transport for tractor

/ Interstate transport for tractor #1  

gthag

Tractor
Kubota L4610 2001
Does anyone have experience/recommendations for a company to deliver a tractor( 700+ miles)? This is a Kubota 43 HP w/ Fel

What is a typical rate? (I've received a couple of bids from a broker over the internet which I thought were exceptionally low in the 500-600 dollar range). Thanks

/ Interstate transport for tractor #2  
If they are a reputable outfit then I think the price is reasonable. Figure it at $1.25 (on average) a mile and your well under that. G

/ Interstate transport for tractor #3  
I bought my 790 from a dealer in southern VA. I calculated the driving distance to be ~ 350 miles one way.
The dealer quote for delivery was $1.50 per loaded mile which came to $525 or so... I also considered borrowing or renting a trailer to pick the tractor up. As there was a trade in to deliver to the Dealer, I figured we'd work something out.

That's about half the distance you're discussing, so the quotes you're getting are really low. That might be a good thing, but make sure that agent is reputable and bonded. Otherwise, that tractor might end up on eBay!

In my situation, the saleman was taking several boys to a church camp in PA. So, we made a deal on him delivering the tractor. The cost came to $140.00...I got away really lucky!

The dealer was James Rivers Company, LLC. Good service and I'd buy from them again.

/ Interstate transport for tractor #5  
I bought mine from a JD dealer in Alabama and had it shipped to New Hampshire. The tractor weighed about 5k pounds with FEL and loaded tires. It cost $1000 to have it shipped by a regular freight carrier. They just drove it up into an enclosed freight trailer and tied it down. I needed access to a loading dock at my end. The dealer chose the carrier....someone they did regular business with.