Which Brand should I buy?

/ Which Brand should I buy? #21  
Komatsu makes compacts?

I was being facetious... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Which Brand should I buy? #22  
Ok. lol I was wondering if something slipped by me.

/ Which Brand should I buy? #23  
Myself I don't put very much emphasis on the dealer,more on the manufacturer and the product. If you buy a quality product the dealer should not be needed except for filters.

Best tractor for you to buy is the one you like the best,plain and simple. If there is something that rubs you wrong about that tractor at first,it always will bug you. So be happy to begin with..........Just as long as you figure it was a good deal,the heck with everyone else!!

/ Which Brand should I buy? #24  
i think it is mostly a case of a guy or gal truley not knowing which way to go, they may have looked at all the specs, but still want to make sure they get the one true , all around , never breakdown perfect tractor! THERE IS NO SUCH THING. They are just looking for a little push to go one way or the other. But in the end they have to make the final decesion.

/ Which Brand should I buy?
This was really my point - if you have studied up on all the specs and features, know the dealers, have it narrowed down to a couple, and STILL can't determine which is the absolute best one, then relax because it doesn't matter all that much. Sometimes you have to think about something else for a while, and usually it will come to you which one you are really leaning toward. It's the one you picture yourself using, or maybe one has some not real important thing that just bugs you. You want to be happy about it when it gets home, so pick the one you like! No one else will really know which one that is /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Which Brand should I buy?
Paint them gray? I just might yet! My Ferguson was gray and green, and frankly I wish my Kioti was gray too! I love the tractor, but bright orange is kind of like posting in all capital letters! Maybe someday I'll have time to repaint the TO20, and I'll get enough paint to spray the LK too! Then I can go about replacing the ferrous oxide coating the factory supplies on the KK attachments /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Which Brand should I buy? #27  
I agree with you in general.. But as a recent new tractor owner, I would say that this site helped THINK about a few specific issues that I other wise might have missed.As when you think of everything you might miss something( ie JD 790 almost got my money but a member pointed out Power steering ? I drove a tractor with out the loader seemed fine, but with a loader would be a differnt story, The TC 30 Power steering was standard). Also gives us newbies a chance to interact with you more experiece tractor owners.. and lastly have an opurtunity to compare prices from dealer X vs Y.. This site is where I was able to get a reference for a dealer in NC that saved me $3000.. so I am very thankfull (about $3000 worth) for the time I spent asking and the time you Vetern members spent replying to my Same ole Question.. Again Thank-you /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Which Brand should I buy? #28  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( But as a recent new tractor owner, I would say that this site helped THINK about a few specific issues that I other wise might have missed. )</font>
That's really the idea behind what I said about going to the brand's website first. Find out what the models are, what they offer, and then you can ask the questions. Often times, the poster has not found out a single thing about the models, and then we go look up the specifics.
It's much more work than answering questions of someone who knows at least which models have what.
It's great that you did the work and found what you wanted. There really is a lot of great help here. John

/ Which Brand should I buy? #29  
The whole point of this forum is to share knowledge. From the more experienced members to the least experience member, I think there is a place for ALMOST any question.

I do feel that people should refrain from the generic brand discussions about which one is better. However, I think a valid question would be something along the lines of which of these two (just for comparison sake a Kioti CK30 vs a JD 4310) is best suited for my needs given these (list of things) things I want to do.

When phrased like this, there is some valuable discussion to be had.

Just my $0.02.

/ Which Brand should I buy? #30  
How about having a separate category for complaints/problems. In the 80's my department (university) used to get a magazine devoted to farm machinery/equipment. The best section in it dealt with equipment, dealer, warranty problems. I sure found it very informative. It was a very big factor in my purchase decisions.

I believe the magazine section was set up by equipment categories, with machinery manufacture subcategories.