Which Brand should I buy?

/ Which Brand should I buy? #1  

To20Chris

Platinum Member
Tractor
LK3054
OK, I've just read the bazillionth post posing the old brand X to brand Y direct comparison question - I've had it, I'm never gonna read another one! Note to TBN shoppers, when you post that question, regardless of the brands, you're just opening up a can of worms, and it's going to hard to separate out all the fact, opinion, and argument. It's even more silly when that question gets posted on a brand specific forum. Like Chevy guys are gonna recommend you buy a Ford!

Once you know what the features are and what things mean, and if the two tractors are that similar that you can't tell the difference, then it probably doesn't matter much which one you get anyway.

Try this - do it quickly without thinking too hard - close your eyes, think of a job you've really wanted to do. Now, picture yourself doing it with a tractor. OK, which one were you driving? Go buy it, that's the one you want! And be sure to post pictures when you get it home!

/ Which Brand should I buy? #2  
I like. I buy. Case closed! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif G

/ Which Brand should I buy? #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I like. I buy. Case closed! G )</font>

Why Case, what's wrong with Kioti?!! or Deere?

/ Which Brand should I buy? #4  
I hear you.

When I bought I went out and looked at tractors....drove a few.....got irritated at a few dealers....jumped on a Kubota L3130 HST.....fell in love. 3 days later it was delivered. Of course what I bought was the best and no one can change my mind. All I see is orange!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Which Brand should I buy? #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Of course what I bought was the best and no one can change my mind. All I see is orange!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )</font>

Generally when we buy things we don't like to hear that we bought the wrong thing, so we often take a stance that what we have is the best.

Me, I think the brand's color is less important than the features of the machine but the features are less important than the capabilities of the machine, and none of it is worth a hoot if your dealer won't stand behind it. So I guess there are a lot of reasons, in my mind, why what is best for me won't even work for someone else, and why what works for someone else is totally wrong for me.

I tend to think that they are all pretty darn good, pretty darn capable and while some are probably "fit & finished" better than others, it doesn't mean they are more capable of doing the job I need done. And some have more features than other brands, but again, both if both get the jobs done then features may not be too important to everyone. I guess I love them all.

But I wouldn't get rid of the ones I use because each of them is the best for what I need!!! I bleed Blue(NH), Orange(Kubota), Green(JD), the other Green(Oliver), Red & Grey(Ventrac), and Yellow(Cub), and don't ask me which is the BEST of those, because it will probably depend on which one I just got done using.

/ Which Brand should I buy? #6  
If I took a 5 compacts of different make and painted them all gray, I'll bet 9 out of 10 people wouldn't know a Deere from a Komatsu....

/ Which Brand should I buy? #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( If I took a 5 compacts of different make and painted them all gray, I'll bet 9 out of 10 people wouldn't know a Deere from a Komatsu.... )</font>

Komatsu makes compacts?

/ Which Brand should I buy? #8  
I agree. There are literally tons of threads on the subject. If people really want to compare brands, I don't know why they don't put it in the general forum. Asking to compare Brand B to Brand D in Brand D's forum isn't going to work. Another thing, if one really wants to compare brands, they should check out the make's website or go to the dealer and check it out. In the end though, the only one who can help themselves decide which model is best is themself. They can post a thread and get 100 replies, but if that person is still debating which one to get, what was the point of the thread?

/ Which Brand should I buy? #9  
<font color="blue"> Me, I think the brand's color is less important than the features of the machine but the features are less important than the capabilities of the machine, and none of it is worth a hoot if your dealer won't stand behind it </font>

Bob's point is very important.

There is a terrible dealer down the road from me. This guy has taken the "hang a shingle out' metaphor a little to closely, as that is the best way to describe his yard full of cannibalized new machines... Now each of the tractor brands he has offered seem to be pretty capable, except they have woefully low standards in dealer representation.

So while Brand X is almost like Brand Y, the dealers may not be. And the brand sets the levels of acceptability as to what makes a dealer...

/ Which Brand should I buy? #10  
Since I did post a question like this in the past .. I did appreciate the in put from members. As they would point out pro's and con's of each type of tractor I was interested in and did help me make a selection..As long as the thread didn't turn into "mine is better than yours contest" /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif