Need Advice on New Tractor: SubCompact or Compact

/ Need Advice on New Tractor: SubCompact or Compact #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( John I've seen where you've stated this a number of times... can you be more specific about the "standard extras" (if it's standard is it really an extra? ) that would be extra on others... and what others? )</font>
Things like tilt wheel, telescoping hitch arms, a PTO shield that lifts up to make connection easier.
I don't say which others so as not to offend anyone or start a war, but most of the big three charge more for these features over their bare bones tractors. When compared, the Kioti is usually cheaper, with exceptions, than "some others" with these standard features. John
EDIT: Kioti also includes the valve block and joystick. Most other brands charge extra for them. I found that to be a significant savings. John

/ Need Advice on New Tractor: SubCompact or Compact #12  
Todd,consider this,,,a 25 h.p. diesal,,3 cylinder water cooled,,,4 wheel drive,,,big enough,,to handle a 5 ft hog and tiller,,a 6 ft back blade,,,,and can be ordered with fel and backhoe,,,tractor alone,,,,about 8,ooo dollars,,,warrenty,,6 months,parts AND labor,,more can be bought cheap,brand new,, look on nortracs [northern tools],web page,,they got,,20,,25,,30,,,35,h.p. ones,,,,,I got one,,,and at 250 hrs,,,it runs great,,don't be fooled by those name brands,,,[johndeere],,,thingy

/ Need Advice on New Tractor: SubCompact or Compact #13  
Todd, as most have said, the subcompact is not up to the task. The TC30 is a very nice, proven tractor and is available with a HST transmission as well as turf or R4 tires. I would strongly suggest you stay away from the R1/Ag tires if you want to mow the lawn because R1 tires will do a pretty good job of tearing up turf. Some brands (especially the chinese brands) will cost you $1000 more just to put R4 tires on their machines. There certainly many other tractors that will do the job, some are cheaper, some cost more. On balance, the TC30 will give you a 2 year warrenty, 3 years 0% financing, and a local dealership that will provide parts and service and more importantly piece of mind. If you like the tractor you will be very happy with it over the long run.

/ Need Advice on New Tractor: SubCompact or Compact #14  
I see - I can understand the hesitancy to create more friction by "naming names" - on the other hand I read that they have more standard features... but I never know compared to what. I suppose in my reading that I compare it to my tractor, and don't see the big advantage, but perhaps you're right when comparing it to the real basic models that most brands offer as an entry point. I just don't know the details since I never shopped the basic models to any great extent. At the time I was shopping the DK40/35 were the models I was using for comparison, and generally I found them to be more along the lines of a basic machine... especially given the lack of HST. Both are fine, solid all the way around... I was seriously considering them until I drove other brands HST models. Now that the CK's are out I should go check them out, if for no other reason than to update my perspective on Kioti's latest products.

Thanks,

/ Need Advice on New Tractor: SubCompact or Compact #15  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I mow about 21/2acres with a garden tractor that is on it's last bit of life )</font>

Yep.. frequent mowing of large acerages taxes a lawnmower pretty decently.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( will use the new tractor to mow, plow snow, maintain the drive, and to replace dirt in eroded areas. My property has a few steep hills, so this will be a factor in choosing a tractor. )</font>

Good defined list.. your are 'ahead' of the game by knowing approximately what you want to do with the machine.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( have looked at the MF GC2300, but wonder if it is big enough. I am also considering the following compacts: NH TC30, JD 790, and the MF1928 )</font>

And you have been doing your homework. Those are all great machines.

I'm partial to the tc30 and Nh in general. It is a decent unit, and as I hear.. financing is attractive right now.

Good luck with whatever you choose... all those are 'A' brand tractors.

Soundguy

/ Need Advice on New Tractor: SubCompact or Compact #16  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( At the time I was shopping the DK40/35 were the models I was using for comparison, and generally I found them to be more along the lines of a basic machine... especially given the lack of HST. )</font>
My dealer and I were talking about that lack of HST the other day when I visited to take pics. We both agreed that Kioti needs to quickly introduce a CK45 at least.
Then, with the other CK features, they would be real bells and whistles tractors. John

/ Need Advice on New Tractor: SubCompact or Compact #17  
I think it would be nice if Kioti would bump the CK25 down to the small-chassis size, introduce a CK35 in the mid-size chassis, and then introduce new models for the large-chassis size like a CK40 and CK45.

/ Need Advice on New Tractor: SubCompact or Compact #18  
Well they're not oblivious to the marketplace - I'm sure there are only so many new models Kioti can crank out in one year. I agree that they should add the 40 to 45hp range, and I'd bet that they will have larger HST's out within another year. They've done real well so far with their models... just wait - Kioti reminds me of Polaris with their motorcycle line - they may not roll out models fast, but they're playing to stay in the game long term.