Neophyte buying a tractor needs help.

/ Neophyte buying a tractor needs help. #31  
Dave_in_CT:

<font color="blue">The 750 was small enough to fit thru the double-door walkout... and could operate the backhoe even with the 1st floor done... </font>

Ooooo. With great delicacy I hope. How about a Goldoni or BCS Hercules with a BH???

JEH

/ Neophyte buying a tractor needs help. #32  
SPIKER
I feel as if I should respond to your post since it is obviously a shot a mine. At no point was I saying JINMA's were not an option. I was saying they are lower tech and that can be a good thing but the buyer should know that. Direct injection does not make a tractor high tech. Wheel bearings, rocker arms, castings, wiring harnesses, steering boxes etc are older tech on the JINMA's. Does that transfer into more breakdowns? NO. Is it better for doing your own repairs? absolutely. I have buddy with 2 JINMAs and likes them just fine. He actually bought 2 for the spare parts you mentioned. It is important to note though that not all parts will be tranferrable. His first tractor was batch built before the second and has a different engine (they come with 3 different ones, 1 optional) and he neglected to think about things like seals etc.
What I was wanting to point out was that if it is being used for commercial purposes it will be getting more hours. More hours means more wear and tear. More wear and tear means he will not be likely to keep the same tractor for the rest of his life. UIf he will sell it at some point he needs to think about resales. If he is really looking at a business plan TCO is more important than initial cost.
IMO if you are going to use it yourself as an estate tractor and 100hours a year on it a JINMA will last a life time. If you have customers depending on you and are putting 600hours a year on it you may want to rethink your options. I'm not trying to start a big controversy, just haven't seen a lot of successful contractors using JINMAs

/ Neophyte buying a tractor needs help.
Libertine,

I appreciate all your comments and have taken all into consideration. I am serious, but because I live in a rural area I expect this endeavor to be somewhere between a part-time job and "odd job" type work. I expect to work the machine in the neighborhood of 400 hrs/yr. 600 would be grand.

Digesting all the comments in this forum I have realized I will not be able to accomplish everything I would like, not initially at least. I now understand that there are some jobs a CUT cannot accomplish. My thinking now is more along the lines of Dave in Ct. The footprint of something like the L4300 is not much different than the backhoes that currently operate the area. Ideally I would like to crawl through small places and leave a small impact.

I want a versatile, maneuverable, powerful CUT that can get in and out of tight spaces. When I run into jobs too big for the CUT - I will call the big guys in. Eventually I could evolve the business and get some larger used equipment, which seems more readily available in my area than CUTs.

I looked at both Kubota and NH. Unfortunately NH was well overpriced and I was not impressed with the dealers understanding of my needs. Although I really liked the layout of the TC24/TC29 series. WIth my budget I will not be able to afford all these bells and whistles.

TC24DA - 9x3 $16,300
TC24D HST - $17,445
TC30 - $16,700
TC30 HST - $18,000

These prices are for the tractor - no implements. From what I have seen on the internet these prices are extremely high. Regional pricing differences are huge!

The Kubota dealer on the otherhand understood my needs and seemed more willing to deal. They too initially thought more alone the lines of Libertine and wanted me to go big - but they are also salespeople and are supposed to convince you to go big (I was one for 18 years so I understand)

I looked at the BX23 out of curiosity and was impressed with this tight little machine. The price was competitive @ $17,200. Unfortunately the ground clearance issue scared me and I would like some more HP. My current target around 30hp.

They can put a package together for an L2800 with FEL and BH for $21,000 and I could probably talk them down a few thousand, but I am pretty firm at doing this for $17,000 or preferrably less. I am more inclined to go used if I go Kubota.

The local Jinma guy was working out of his home. Probably receiving crates from China and putting them together in his backyard. I just turned around and drove back home.

Finally I have contacted a Kioti dealer and received the following prices, all with FEL and BH.

CK20HST - $17,000
CK25HST - $19,250
LK3054XS - $19,450

Unfortunately this is about 1100 miles from my home. I would love to get on a Kioti but can't find a dealer anywhere near me.

My next course of action is to firm up some prices on the L2800 package, find a Kioti somewhere, and hit the road for a few days checking out some other NH dealers and some of the used tractors I have uncovered on ebay.

This is logical - right???? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Neophyte buying a tractor needs help. #34  
IMO you are well on your way to making a smart decision.

I worry thought that a CK20 may not have the juice you require. It's not a SubCUT but is only 20HP. Did the Kioti prices include the 0% or were they using the rebate? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Mahindra may be worth checking out too. I've only seen them never rode but have heard positive things and are a company very dedicated to success in the USA.

/ Neophyte buying a tractor needs help. #35  
<font color="blue"> I worry thought that a CK20 may not have the juice you require. It's not a SubCUT but is only 20HP. </font>

CK20 is 21HP.

Don

/ Neophyte buying a tractor needs help.
Found a Kioti dealer in Az. Mahindra dealer in Albequerque and a used TC25 equiped as needed in Oklahoma. I guess I'm hitting the road. Any comments on the TC25 for my needs?

/ Neophyte buying a tractor needs help. #37  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Found a Kioti dealer in Az. Mahindra dealer in Albequerque and a used TC25 equiped as needed in Oklahoma. I guess I'm hitting the road. Any comments on the TC25 for my needs? )</font>
For the price difference, I'd go with the CK30 or the CK20. I use the CK20HST every day, and it does a great job of all the jobs I put it through. The CK25 is only 4 more HP, and a larger frame, so I think the difference in the CK30 would be more advantageous. Or the LK3054XS would probably be the right one. More HP, but not a huge tractor, would get into the smaller spaces and still have plenty of power for larger implements. The new layout of this model is excellent as well, and it has a shuttle shift gear transmission which is very easy to use.
Don't get me wrong, the CK25 that I tried out seemed to be plenty powerful, and would do the jobs you want to do, but the 3054 would, for sure, give you what you need.
The price is less than $3,000 more than I paid for my CK20HST except that I also got the boxblade. Go try one out, and I mean try it out. Have them put some implements on it like a boxblade, and go dig some dirt. Use the loader, maybe cut some grass with a rotary mower. You'll find any of these tractors very utilitarian and strong. John

/ Neophyte buying a tractor needs help. #38  
On whatever machine you decide on in the end, one attachment you will probably want to invest in is a toothbar. I don't remember if it has already been mentioned but it can/will save you alot of time when doing FEL work in hard soil or the like. Also, I still recommend the LK3054XS. It might be a smidge over your budget, but in the end I think you will be very pleased with the machine. A slightly used LK3054 would probably be within the budget. The TLB package comes with the ROPS/FOPS canopy, beefed up FEL and hoe designed for the machine. You might also consider getting some hooks welded on to the bucket in case you need to drag anything around. Good luck! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Neophyte buying a tractor needs help. #39  
Did you see the LK3054 for sale by ChrisW in the classifieds?
He's asking $15,500 with loader and a bunch of attachments. In Ohio. It's not the new XS model, but it's a heck of a tractor. Here's the link:
LK3054

/ Neophyte buying a tractor needs help. #40  
Desertdog:

<font color="blue">TC24DA - 9x3 $16,300
TC24D HST - $17,445
TC30 - $16,700
TC30 HST - $18,000

These prices are for the tractor - no implements. From what I have seen on the internet these prices are extremely high. </font>

extremely, extremely high. I paid $16k for a TC40 a year ago. Included a number of options (guage package, etc., etc.). Regarding so-called "footprints", a CUT may take up a certain amount of ground area, but is easier to manuever. I'll stick with the suggestion to get something around 3,000 lbs M/L (tractor weight).

Regarding pricing, I was never able to find wholesale (dealer cost) price guides (like you can for autos). But I would think it has to be around 75%-80% of "list" (whatever "list" is!). Any comments from some of the dealers???????? If it's something on the lot, and you can figure out what the dealer paid for it, I would think you can buy it for cost plus $2k/$2.5k max, certainly if its a cash deal.

JEH