Case IH DX33 vs New Holland TC33DA?

/ Case IH DX33 vs New Holland TC33DA? #1  

adlertom

Silver Member
Tractor
New Holland TC33DA hydro w/supersteer
I'm want to purchase a compact tractor, and the Case IH DX33 or the New Holland TC33DA seem to be what I'm looking for.

I understand that CNH corporation owns both companies, and the tractors seem very similar. Are there significant differences between the two?

I want to do loader work, and do field/brush mowing with a rear mounted mower. I'm told that I want a hydrostatic transmission for loader work, and I think I'd like that better anyway.

Also, how much should I be willing to pay for a new tractor like this, with R4 tires, a front bucket and a 5 foot brush mower?

Thanks,

Tom

/ Case IH DX33 vs New Holland TC33DA? #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Are there significant differences between the two? )</font>

I think it depends on whether you thing red paint vs. blue paint is significant. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I can't say for sure on the new ones, but I think the New Holland offers an option called Super Steer that is not available on the Case. Otherwise, they should be the same.

/ Case IH DX33 vs New Holland TC33DA? #3  
Tom,
First of all, welcome to TBN.
Yes the Case line and the NH line are made/owned by the same company. The Hydro sure is a great help when using a loader, but not mandatory.
You might want to fill out your profile, or tell us where you are. Geographic location means a lot as far as price goes.

Jerry

/ Case IH DX33 vs New Holland TC33DA? #4  
Bird,

You are right about "super steer" being only available on the New Holland version. The only other difference is in the headlights. The Case unit lights are on a horizontal plane rather than vertical.

froggy

/ Case IH DX33 vs New Holland TC33DA?
Thanks Jerry, there seems to be a wealth of information here.

I'm located in south-central Wisconsin. Is there a huge difference in tractor prices between states or regions? What kind of markup/profit do the dealers get?

/ Case IH DX33 vs New Holland TC33DA? #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Are there significant differences between the two? )</font>

New Holland has ugly, ugly lights. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Case/Farmall has very nice lights. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

...just couldn't let that one pass. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Case IH DX33 vs New Holland TC33DA? #8  
<font color="blue"> I'm located in south-central Wisconsin. Is there a huge difference in tractor prices between states or regions? What kind of markup/profit do the dealers get?

</font>

The price difference between these 2 tractors, from what I have seen will be about $500, with the lower price going to the DX. I don't know why. But every time I've seen DX and TC priced side by side, the DX is usually a little bit cheaper, not much, and not always. As for regional differences in pricing, they are huge. In the midwest we seem to enjoy some of the most competitive pricing. You are only a few hours away from me, I got pricing that compared very well with the lowest bids I got from the internet tractor sellers (after factoring in shipping). On implements, my local dealers often outright beat the internet sellers. So I would expect if you shop a couple local dealerships AFTER you price the tractor on the internet, you should find your local dealer competitive, if he is not, you might want to throw the internet price at him and see if he drops down. Mine know I price things and when I call them they now know to start low.

/ Case IH DX33 vs New Holland TC33DA? #9  
Alright! Another cheesehead ! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Welcome to TBN.

I, too, am in South Central Wisconsin. The last time I compared these 2 brands, which was about a year ago /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif, the Case was $1,200.00 more than the NH. This was comparing similar 33's at 2 dealers within 30 miles of each other. Now in all fairness to the Case dealer, I've not been able to get to any other Case dealers within a reasonable distance, so maybe he was high because he was the only Case dealer around.

The Case dealer I visited was Gruenwald's in Brooklyn, WI. The NH dealer was I.G. Hall in Richmond, WI. I was not overly impressed with the sales guy at I.G. Hall. I think when I go shopping again to look at NH, I'll run over to the dealer in Monroe. I've heard pretty good things about them. Another dealer that I was REALLY impressed with was Davis Implement in Juda, WI. He handles AGCO and White tractors. He is a true agricultural implement dealer, but he has been the most helpful and cooperative that I've found in my immediate area. I priced out the ST40 there, and it was only about $1,500 more than the TC33D, and I think I could have gotten him to come down even a little bit more.

/ Case IH DX33 vs New Holland TC33DA? #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( New Holland has ugly, ugly lights. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Case/Farmall has very nice lights. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )</font>

I agree! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I suggest you price both units with the same options/implements. Also test ride and price the NH with the SuperSteer, then decide how badly you want the SuperSteer. Like some others have said, pricing equally optioned Case and NH units, my Case was $700 less than the NH out here, even with very limited supply of the Case units.