Gearmore List Prices

/ Gearmore List Prices #1  

Riddler

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland TN75VA, New Holland TC45DA, New Holland TC18
Here in California, it seems that a majority of the tractor dealers get their implements from Gearmore. I have been quoted prices for a standard duty 6' rotary cutter (with slip clutch, 6" I beam side plates and 10 gauge deck) and a standard duty 6' manual box scraper (with 3/8" thick side plates and heat-treated shanks with replaceable points). After dealer "discounts", the price of the cutter comes to $1050 and the price the scraper comes to $650. I suspect that I can get comparable quality implements for less if I shop the internet and arrange for shipping, etc., but I am inclined to go with my dealer if the prices he is offering is not too out of line. Having someone else handle the logistics and having a local source to go to if there is a problem is worth a modest premium as far as I am concerned. That said, am I poised to pay way too much for these implements?

/ Gearmore List Prices #2  
Riddler,
I have a Gearmore box scraper and it is great quality. As I continue to look for good pricing on implements it seems that the price paid to a local dealer always seems to be a little higher than getting it out of state and paying shipping.

For me, the dealer aspect is important so the additional seems ok. At the same time I will be interested to see what the pricing in our area starts to do as more TSC's move in.

I am not as experienced as many here but Gearmore seems to be good quality.

Mark

/ Gearmore List Prices #3  
I have a Gearmore 72' box scraper for my New Holland, which has only been used once. I would like to sell it. Any idea on a reasonable asking price? Located in Hollister, CA.

/ Gearmore List Prices #4  
I just picked up a 3 pt log splitter from my local tractor guy. It says Gearmore but there is also a SPEECO document that came with the splitter. It seems heavey enough for my use however it bugs me a little that I can't find out where in the splitter is made.

/ Gearmore List Prices #5  
I just picked up a 3 pt log splitter from my local tractor guy. It says Gearmore but there is also a SPEECO document that came with the splitter. It seems heavey enough for my use however it bugs me a little that I can't find out where in the splitter is made.

I am fairly sure that Gearmore is really just a middle man and that they do not actually manufacture anything. So it would be no surprise to find other names on-with their products.