Pricing Land Pride Finishing Mower

/ Pricing Land Pride Finishing Mower #1  

Country_Girl

Tractor
White 1715; Huslter SuperZ
I purchased a Land Pride 6 foot finishing mower in 2001, used it two summers mowing 7 acres. This year I purchased a Hustler ZTR! My neighbor is interested in purchasing the finishing mower. I'm trying to come up with a fair price. Any suggestions? New ones are running for $1700 around town.

/ Pricing Land Pride Finishing Mower #2  
<font color="blue"> New ones are running for $1700 around town. </font>

What town would this be? Your profile does not show your location.

I would think you should be able to get at least $1100 for it. Usually these type of items are hard to sell on your own -- good luck.

/ Pricing Land Pride Finishing Mower #3  
CountryGirl, Yea I was thinking about the same as Gator, but he and I are both in close proximity ,But the condition of the mower would have a LOT to do with it, has it been kept clean out of the weather and greased regularly or has it sat outside rusty tires cracked ,etc. depending on your geographics or demographics these estimates could vary /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Pricing Land Pride Finishing Mower #4  
I bought a used Landpride 72" finish mower (25 series) here in New Hampshire this spring for $1,000. The unit was about 2 years old and in decent condition. Hope this helps.

Peter

/ Pricing Land Pride Finishing Mower #5  
I had a quote of $1335 for a 6' rear discharge Land Pride finish mower. Model RD2572 I believe it was. This was from the dealer in Houston that I bought my Kubota from. Land Pride makes good units and I will buy the 6' RFM next spring to replace the 4" one I have now.

Vernon

/ Pricing Land Pride Finishing Mower
I've kept the mower in the barn, greased it before each use and brushed it off after each use.

The location is Southern Indiana.

Thanks for the info!

/ Pricing Land Pride Finishing Mower #7  
Here is one currently on eBay that ends soon.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11755&item=3839691865&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

I have a '6 Landpride finish mower that I've used to mow 10 acres with for 12 years. I've only changed the blades once. Other than that, I've always kept it inside and have greased it every 8 hours of use. It still has the original belt on it! I like it so well, I'm considering buying their 7' model. I like the idea of rear discharge better than my old model.

/ Pricing Land Pride Finishing Mower #8  
<font color="blue"> ... I've used to mow 10 acres with for 12 years. I've only changed the blades once. </font>

Yikes! I wouldn't want to be the one to try and change the blades -- they are probably really on tight by now.

/ Pricing Land Pride Finishing Mower #9  
Dargo it sounds to me like you are getting your $$$$ worth on that Landpride mower. Landpride does seem to build a quality product.