318, cant operate front blade independently ?

/ 318, cant operate front blade independently ? #1  

chris40

when the 54 inch blade is in use, i use control to angle the blade to the left and the mowing deck lowers too. when i angle the blade back to the center position or even further to the right the deck raises back. both the deck and blade are being operated at the same time and the deck being lowered is really getting in the way of the materials i am moving around. i read somewhere that i can block off this line possible while using the blade so the deck will not drop down and drag. if anyone has any suggestions i could really use them and thanks so much.

/ 318, cant operate front blade independently ? #2  
You need to add a lift cylinder lock-out kit to your tractor, or close the lift cylinder valve if your tractor has this valve. Take a look under the back of the tractor on the left side and find the lift cylinder, you should see a small brass valve threaded into the back cylinder port, if you do not see a valve your tractor does not have the lock-out kit installed.
Did it always have a plow or is this a new attachment for the tractor? Also some dealers did not install them to save a few bucks. You will find that the plow controls will be more responsive with the valve installed.
I would recommend removing the mower deck when plowing, but it is up to you.
Hopefully you have the valve and just need to close it. Let me know how you make out and if you need any additional info. P/N for the lock-out kit if you need it is AM39556, it is easy to install.
Ken /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ 318, cant operate front blade independently ?
thanks so much, i will check to see if the fitting is there. i have not had a chance to go over the tractor yet but i have used it some and i LOVE it !.

the blade was purchased with the mower but, i dont know if it has the fitting.

will let you know.
chris

/ 318, cant operate front blade independently ? #4  
I just raise my deck up as high as it goes before I start, then turn the depth adjustement control to hold it there. Then the rear lift cylinder can't move and all the flow goes to the blade.
Only issue is trying to set it correctly after - I used a sharpie marker to draw a line on the threads

/ 318, cant operate front blade independently ? #5  
I had made a small piece of 1" electrical conduit that I put over the Hydro cyl. that raises the deck. Put a hole in hte pipe to effectively lock out the cylinder. Worked great.