New Case 26hp compact coming?

/ New Case 26hp compact coming? #1  

fivazpond

Tractor
John Deere 585x
I understand from a local dealer today that Case is coming out with a new 26hp compact tractor. Does anyone have any confirmation on this news-- when, other details??

Bill

/ New Case 26hp compact coming? #2  
I don't know, but to be honest it would be a big surprise.

In the CUT tractors, Case-New Holland mimic each other. Their product lines are nearly identical, Case has every small tractor that NH has except for a TC30 equivalent. The main difference between the two brands is the color. There are a couple features not available on Case that are exclusive to NH. But basically what is available in NH blue, is available in Case/Farmall red. And as there is no 26hp blue tractor, I'm not sure where the 26hp red tractor will come from.

Unless there is a new tractor being introduced!!!

/ New Case 26hp compact coming? #3  
<font color="blue"> In the CUT tractors, Case-New Holland mimic each other. Their product lines are nearly identical, Case has every small tractor that NH has except for a TC30 equivalent... And as there is no 26hp blue tractor, I'm not sure where the 26hp red tractor will come from. </font>

Actually, Inspector 507 made a post the other day that New Holland was going to put a 26 hp engine in their class 1 size, called the TC26. If I recall his post correctly (probably not), New Holland plans to drop the TC21, leaving only the TC24 and TC26. I'm sure Case will follow suit with an identical Farmall model...

/ New Case 26hp compact coming?
Yes, I was told this was a new introduction. When is their dealer meeting?

/ New Case 26hp compact coming? #5  
   / New Case 26hp compact coming? #6  
<font color="blue"> spector 507 made a post the other day that New Holland was going to put a 26 hp engine in their class 1 size </font>

I missed that post! Wow, that might be a very nice little machine. Generally I favor the most power in the smallest package and I would certainly opt for the 26hp class 1 tractor (despite the fact that I really like my TC24). I know when I went shopping for a small tractor the dealer had a TC21, it was only a couple hundred $$$ less than a TC24. There was no reason in my mind to lose out on the added HP. Even if you don't need it, the added power gives you reserves for those occasional "just in case" moments when the added power comes in handy. And the added power is also nice for running larger PTO powered implements.

Personally I find the Kioti CK20 to be at least an equal, and probably a better value than a TC/DX21, but that said, I'd never buy one because the TC/DX24s are so close in price to the lower power Kioti that there is no good reason to downgrade to the smaller engine that the TC/DX21 offer or the Kioti CK20.

Just based on postings on TBN there seem to be very few TC21 owners, it seems like there are plenty of TC18 owners and TC24 owners, but the middle ground TC21 only seems to have a few owners here. The TC18, when it was available, was much lower priced than the TC21/24. All that said, if a TC/DX26 comes out, I could see then dropping the TC/DX24 from their line up and keeping the TC/DX21 as their "value" class 1 machine since the TC18 is no longer produced. The 24 and 26 seem like they are too close together in power to keep both?

I obviously missed the post from Inspector, but I am curious to see what is going to happen.

/ New Case 26hp compact coming? #8  
I'm not Andy but New Holland calls their CUTs by class number rather than chassis size. They are listed by class number on New Holland's website. The Case machines aren't designated by class number but since they are the same machines anyway, they might as well be referred to by class number. Deere calls their own machines by chassis size. The SCUTs, for instance (TZ18 & 24; DX18E & 24E), would be Class .5. The small chassis CUTs (TC/DX 21 & 24) are Class I. The mid-chassis CUTs (TC/DX 29 & 33) are Class II. The large chassis CUTs (TC/DX 35, 40, & 45) are Class III. The utility size tractors (which are newly introduced by CNH), the TC/DX 48 & 55, are the Class IV.