New kid on the block

/ New kid on the block #1  

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 4520
Hi everybody, just wanted to step in and say hello.As you can tell I'm new here , I found this site while researching (CUT) tractors. The choice and purchase I had made was the JD 4520/FEL.The tractor was delivered last Saturday. Unfortunately I already had a small problem with it.When depressing the eHydro reverse pedal down and moving the tractor just stops as if it kicked into neutral and gave me an era code 003.The dealership came out and made a small adjustment , and it has'nt happen again.Enough of your time,I'll be around reading and learning on TBN .Alot of good information here.

Mike

/ New kid on the block #2  
Welcome to TBN, we always need more new members who know the best tractors are GREEN...and I'm sorry to learn of your problem with the new JD.

You are fortunate to have found this site before making your purchase, I didn't discover it until after I purchased my 4210. While I had pretty much decided on what my new tractor was going to be, I am certain if I had asked the members here what their opinion was of my choice, the majority would have advised me to upgrade to a 4310 or 4410, given the size of my property. And you know what? After finding out how many things I use my tractor for and what it can accomplish, I do think about trading in for a larger model. Must be a guy thing...

Congratulations on your new machine, and I'm glad your dealership solved your tranny problem so quickly.

/ New kid on the block #3  
Welcome Mike....the folks here at TBN are great....but unfortunately, I get less sleep than I used to keeping up with the posts and all.......Tom

/ New kid on the block
For the first time in awhile I'm anxious for alot of heavy snow fall

Mike

/ New kid on the block #5  
Mike,
Welcome to TBN.

One of the things that pushed me over to Green was the dealer. I did not have much success with Blue or Orange and since the JD dealer was so helpful I went with them.

Sounds like your dealer was quick and efficient in resolving that one issue.

Be safe.
Mark

/ New kid on the block #6  
Welcome to TBN! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

A good dealer can make the difference for any brand of tractor. Good luck with your purchase. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ New kid on the block #7  
New to TBN myself. Lots of valuable information to be had here. Being service manager for a Deere Dealer, glad to hear when a problem is solved quickly and fairly. Also glad to hear that other people think "Green is Good".

/ New kid on the block
Thanks everybody, John Deere was out the next day.All of our JD dealers around here (Delaware ) are now called Atlantic Tractors.No idea what thats all about! I bought my tractor from the only dealership that didn't go in with everybody else,It's been a family owned business for around 85 yrs.Prices were less than the rest.

Mike

/ New kid on the block #9  
WELCOME TO THE FORUM! WOULD BE NICE TO SEE SOME PICTURES OF YOUR NEW TRACTOR! now if u lack for snow just head west on the I 90 and i can let u move all the snow you want /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

p.s bring your own tractor /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ New kid on the block
I know exactly what your saying Frank.When I drove a tractor-trailer many years ago, coast to coast & up north,States there would have snow months before us ,so I know that some of you all probably have used your tractor already for the white stuff.My day will be here soon enough.I do have a digital camera ,but not sure how to put it on TBN.

Mike