Mahindra vs Kioti vs Kubota

/ Mahindra vs Kioti vs Kubota #1  

rv4ator

I have never owned a tractor before and am considering the Mahindra 2015HST, Kioti CK20HST and Kubota BX2230. The specs on these three are similar as are the prices.

I will be using this tractor as a homeowner to do occasional moving of dirt/rocks with a FEL, box scraping & mowing of weeds about 3 times a year (no finish mowing). The weed mowing will be about 2-3 acres of rolling terrain with many oak trees to manuver around. I also considered a riding lawn mower, but think a 3-point rotary brush mower might be a better choice. I am looking for opinions on the mowing with a tractor vs riding mower and also which of the 3 tractors would be the better choice.

Thanks

/ Mahindra vs Kioti vs Kubota #2  
I can not speak for the Kioti, but I can speak about the other two brands.

I just bought a Mahindra 3015 about a month ago and absolutely love it. It is a little larger than what you are looking at, but I have found it very easy to operate and it has all of the power I will ever need and then some.

The kubota to me was not a comfortable. I am not knocking the Kubota, it just was not for me. I also fond my bota dealer to be expensive and unwilling to work with me.

I think that any of those tractors are fine machines, however the Kubota you will pay for the name, the Mahindra does not have all of the bells and whistles, and again I do not know anything about the Kioti.

Hope this helps. If you have any Mahindra specific uestions, please feel free to contact me via pm.

/ Mahindra vs Kioti vs Kubota #3  
The BX Kubota is a much different animal in terms of tractors than the other two. While engine and PTO horsepower are similar, the tractors are different. The Kubota BX is a Sub-CUT while the other two are small frame CUTs. The difference is that the Kubota will be lower profile, with less ground clearance, it is a great machine but is more of a super powerful lawn & garden tractor that will also do other task like operate a small FEL or BackHoe. Consider it an excellent lawn mower first and a decent tractor second.

The little Mahindra & Kioti units are taller and more suited to tractor type work. Both of these are reported to be fine machines, but they are a different class of tractor. The Kioti CK20 is actually a pretty amazing little beast, from what is reported here and I think it is probably the best of the class of 21hp compacts. Consider these small tractors first, and decent lawn tractors second.

Neither Mahindra nor Kioti make a Sub-CUT that directly competes with the Kubota BX series tractors. Other Sub-CUTS that are direct competitors to the Kubota BX tractors would be the Massey GC series, the New Holland TZ series, Case/FARMALL, and John Deere 2210 tractors.

A more direct comparison with the Mahindra or the Kioti would be other small frame Compact Utility Tractors. Those would include the JD 4110, New Holland TC21, Case/FARMALL DX21 and Kubota B7510(?) tractors.

/ Mahindra vs Kioti vs Kubota #4  
Bob I read some of your reply's on TBN.. And I appreciate the knowledge you have for tractor's. But most importantly I appreciate the fact that your one of the few that's color blind Thank's. CAG

/ Mahindra vs Kioti vs Kubota #5  
<font color="red"> Bob I read some of your reply's on TBN.. And I appreciate the knowledge you have for tractor's. But most importantly I appreciate the fact that your one of the few that's color blind Thank's. CAG </font>

Gee and just a few days ago I was accused of trashing Kioti everytime I post. What I know is very little in the big scheme of things. What I think is important is to debate things openly.

/ Mahindra vs Kioti vs Kubota #6  
Yes and you stood your ground very well.... LOL

/ Mahindra vs Kioti vs Kubota #7  
<font color="blue"> Gee and just a few days ago I was accused of trashing Kioti everytime I post. </font>

I don't recall ever reading anything you wrote that was, shall I say, biased? In fact, I think you really like the CK series tractors by the way you always suggest that people who are new and looking to take a look at the KIOTI brand. Gerard

/ Mahindra vs Kioti vs Kubota #8  
If price and specs are of primary concern, go by a Rural King and look at their 4X4 tractors. They will beat the Mahindra and Kioti on price by quite a margin. For the money, they look like quite a bit of tractor. Like other imports from China, it looks like their quality has come up right with the others in that class. If there is arrangements for service for them, I doubt that you will get more for your dollar when just comparing price and specs. You can likely get a 40 hp tractor for the price you are going to spend on a 20 hp tractor. I know a guy who was just itching to buy their 65 hp tractor for $12,900. I haven't spoken with him for a few weeks, he may already have one.

/ Mahindra vs Kioti vs Kubota #9  
I am also a new member but I bought a BX 23 the end of August. I use it for finish mowing with a 60"MMM and a collection system. Both the FEL and BH are amazing. I have a lot of trees to mow around and if the tractor was any bigger I would have trouble mowing and if the tractor was any smaller I don't think the FEL and BH would work as well. It is a well built machine and I have a good dealer. I have a friend in NH with a Kioti and he loves his also. From what I have read on this line, the most important thing is the dealer, NOT the color. Good luck RP

/ Mahindra vs Kioti vs Kubota #10  
I use a 20Hp Mahindra to maintain 10 acres and it does the job. A bigger tractor would be better for some things, but sometimes you're better off renting a rig for the really big tasks anyway. I would think any of the small compacts or sub-compacts would be suitable for your needs.

FWIW, sometimes the Kubota BX is refered to as having a 'limited' category 1 hitch. I don't know what, if any, disadvantages therre are to that, maybe you have to turn the pins around on some attachments or something.

BTW, I don't mean to hijack your thread or anything, but I'm going to take advantage of the topic to post a photo of my new snowblower attached to my 2015. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Attachments

• 528063-DSCF0034A.JPG
    528063-DSCF0034A.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 921