WWTBND? Today is decision day!

/ WWTBND? Today is decision day! #11  
Blee,

Is the 4310 the same frame size as the 7800?

I am not up to speed on the JD models at all, but I could not help but think for that price difference (and especially looking at the HP difference) that perhaps the JD 4310 would be better compared to a Kubota L3130/3430...which might end up being a closer physical size comparison as well as HP comparison...

/ WWTBND? Today is decision day! #12  
The 4310 package looks great...
If you were to try and squeeze a little more, I'd opt for the 430 loader. If you were more interested in equal comparisons, the 4210 certainly would compare more in HP to the Kubota, and that would probably bring the price closer between the 2.
But they are all good tractors.
Good luck!
/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ WWTBND? Today is decision day! #13  
Blee,

I was doing a the same comparison, just a little bit bigger tractors, JD4600 and I think it was Kubota 4310 and the equivalent New Holland/International.

I had the dealer drop of each of the tractors and used them for day. If the dealer isn't willing to do that, the dealers here have a pile of gravel or dirt in back of the dealership that you could play with. Take the loader off, disconnect reconnect attachments, cut some grass, and do a little bush hogging.

I did want to keep them all. They were all a great to use compared to an IH656 and IH504 that was currently being used. My wife was afraid she was going to drive the 656 through the house, the breaks never did work well.

I ended up with the JD, but I also believe that trade in value will always be higher with JD.

JD4600 with 460FEL with grapple fork, pallet fork and 7'6" Western Snow Plow, JD LX279, 84" KK finishing mower, 84" KK Landscape Box, 84" KK Landscape Rake, 84" KK Blade, and 72" KK Bush Hog, 7' Northern Tool Backhoe, Bri Mar 6X10 Dump Trailer, 20' Rugged Road Equipment Trailer.

Greg

/ WWTBND? Today is decision day! #14  
A real handy item is a 4 in 1 bucket. It takes another hyrdaulic circuit up front and adds a clam-shell function to the FEL. Sometimes adding a feature at a rock bottom price will make the deal. Also, tip 'n tilt or a hydraulic circuit or 2 out the back would be handy. How about free first tranny oil change or parts and service manuel ? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ WWTBND? Today is decision day!
You guys are great! The JD has come down to $20,600 (I think that is rock-bottom). The Kubota guy has thrown in the first 50hr service on-site and free.
I looked at the 3130 and it is too big (seems bigger than the 4310). The scariest part of the JD is it weighs 2800 lbs (vs. 1700) and I have a new lawn on an incline with some trees. JD gave me limited assurance that the 4310 is not too heavy. Woe is me! Maybe I could buy both??!
Please keep the comments and advice coming.
My head hurts,
Blee

/ WWTBND? Today is decision day! #16  
When I bought my KIOTI, the wife was very supportive with the decision making (pros and cons). I thought that she was going to be a user of the machine. After delivery, she got cold feet and hasn't even started it yet /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif.

Depending on what your doing, weight can be good or bad.
I think from what you've said that the Kubota is outweighing the JD in my eyes. If you really like your lawn, then a lighter machine is what you want/need.
It's a tough call on your part but I believe the one you pick will be the right one for your needs. G

/ WWTBND? Today is decision day! #17  
Blee, did you actually drive both tractors and operate the loaders, etc. to get a feel for the machines?

/ WWTBND? Today is decision day!
Yes. The JD was smoother. Both machines drove quite nicely. I think I'll be happy with either one, but I will be a bit happier with the JD. Will I be $2,000 happier? THAT is the question.

/ WWTBND? Today is decision day! #19  
Will you be $2000 happier?

Assume you have the machine for 10 years. . . is your happieness worth $200 per year, or 54.8-cents per day?

/ WWTBND? Today is decision day! #20  
I LOVE my 4310! That said, I would make SURE that Kubota 3030s wont be showing up soon. Nerw models have a funny way of not being available for 6 more months and then showing up as you take delivery... But you will have a great machine regardless...