John Deere 110 TLB transmission case failures

/ John Deere 110 TLB transmission case failures #1  

blackbearmine

I'm close to buying either a new Kubota L48 or a 110 TLB. My dealer (who handles both lines) showed me two transmission cases from 110s which had to be replaced (luckily under warranty). The failures occured when a box scaper was in use and the operator either used it too aggressivly as a dozer or hit a rock at the end of the box putting excessive leverage on the attachment point for the 3 point. This struck me a fundamental engineering flaw which the L48 does not seem to have with their more rugged 3 point attach. Anyone else heard of these situations? Thanks, Frank F.

/ John Deere 110 TLB transmission case failures #2  
The new Kubota L-39 is a closer match for the 110. If you do go for the green also by the completing package to add the near mandatory skid plate to keep from damaging the undersides of the deere.

/ John Deere 110 TLB transmission case failures #3  
Art

Is the L39 available yet?

Thanks Andy

/ John Deere 110 TLB transmission case failures
Thanks for the input Art. The dealer puts skid plates on virtually every 110 he sells. He has chosen to weld them up himself and does a quality job.

/ John Deere 110 TLB transmission case failures #5  
Are these cases made out of aluminum like some of the 4*** series tractors?

/ John Deere 110 TLB transmission case failures #6  
I can't see how a box scraper could cause a transmission case failure. Someone explain this to me.

/ John Deere 110 TLB transmission case failures #7  
Andy the factory will be spitting them out in February. Dealers that went to Atlanta for the introduction were lucky enough to see them as well as order some at better then normal pricing. Dealers also recieved a book on them to size them up from but I don't know that anyone will be giving theirs away right now.

/ John Deere 110 TLB transmission case failures
According to the dealer the failed 110 cases were steel. Frank F.

/ John Deere 110 TLB transmission case failures #9  
Art,

Does the L48 or L39 require the skid plate like the JD110?

Rodney

/ John Deere 110 TLB transmission case failures #10  
No, I had the L48. Most everything was protected. The JD 110 has all of its hydraulic lines on the bottom just asking to be torn up. Crawl under one sometime and you will see why the armour is a great idea.