SCUT Buying Help MF GC2300 or NH TZ24

/ SCUT Buying Help MF GC2300 or NH TZ24 #11  
I guess if it was me I would first throw out the specs. Just take them out of your equation. Example, 700lbs versus 1200lbs on the 3 point hitch. Who is going to lift 700lbs on a subcompact anyway. 18hp versus 18.7 on the PTO. I would like to know the person that could tell the difference.

I would go test both of them out, get to know the dealer. Which one do you feel you like the best, and which dealer do you think wants your business the most along with which one do you feel will give you the best service after the deal. As far as price I would throw that out also. 500 is not much over the twenty year period your going to have it. Financing may sway you a bit if the MF is better.

Buying can be just as fun as owning, take your time and make the right decision the first time. Also, don't limit yourself to the sub-compact. Look at some of the smaller compacts. You will see your money going further. That is if the smaller compacts work for you.

murph

/ SCUT Buying Help MF GC2300 or NH TZ24 #12  
rtaylor, I can't help you decide between those two tractors but I can tell you that after 1.5 years and 260 hours, I'm mostly pleased with the GC2300. Most of my displeasure is my own fault in not thinking of all the things I might want to do with my tractor. I don't know about aftermarket products, but the GC2300 does not take a MF backhoe. Therefore, if you install / use an aftermarket product, you may have problems with your warranty.

For mowing and clearing snow from my 350' gravel drive, the GC2300 does great. In fact, it's done everything I've asked of it well, but it does have its limitations. Think clearly about what you might want to do with your tractor, not just today but down the road. As far as specific concerns I've had, check my older posts. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.

Good luck!

/ SCUT Buying Help MF GC2300 or NH TZ24 #13  
I have the 2310 and I have 150hrs on it now and it does all that I have asked of it.

There is a young lady that lives here and she took it upon her shelf to find on the web a SIGN that reads I want to be a john deere when I grow up /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif
Jokes to some are not jokes to others.

DougM

/ SCUT Buying Help MF GC2300 or NH TZ24 #14  
Me too on the tach! I went to the Case DX 24E for that and other reasons. My dealer cinched it, the blue guy was an hour away. We have no MF around these here parts.