SCUT Buying Help MF GC2300 or NH TZ24

/ SCUT Buying Help MF GC2300 or NH TZ24 #1  

rtaylor

Please help me decide between these two tractors. The MF is $500 more expensive. Is it worth it? The MF seems to be a little bit heavier built tractor. Please help!!!!

/ SCUT Buying Help MF GC2300 or NH TZ24 #2  
I think you are right, but its very subjective. If a Backhoe is important you can get one with the MF. When I was looking at them NH did not offer one.

I prefered the feel of the MF. I think it is more tractor and less lawnmower. I think the TZ is more lawnmower and less tractor. MF does have a higher 3pt lifting capacity (700lb v 1200lb). I think the loader capacity initially looks higher, but if you study the specs you'll see the ratings are at different points (pin v center of bucket). Once you equalise the ratings they are pretty equal. While engine hp favors the NH; PTO hp, which is what does the work, favors the MF (18 v18.7) but that's pretty close. I'm not sure you would notice the difference.

I ended up crossing the MF off my list because of the dealers. The only stocking MF dealer was hours away and did not give me a good feeling. The capabilities of the two machines are so close I would go with the dealer I trusted more.

Just my opinion, for what its worth.

Have fun with your search.

/ SCUT Buying Help MF GC2300 or NH TZ24 #3  
Well this is a sticky subject.. If youv'e looked at both and test drove them it might be more apparent as to which one you like better. The type of work you can for see in the future may help guide you a little as well. Do these candidates have FEL & BH? If so see which one has the most UMPH in pump pressure, $500 may be worth the difference...
Good Luck in your decision /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Also as a rule here on TBN the dealers reputation for service after the sale also plays a part /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I like RED /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ SCUT Buying Help MF GC2300 or NH TZ24 #4  
These are both excellent pieces of equipment, but for that little difference I think I would prefer the MF. It has a higher hydraulic flow, total 6.1gpm as opposed to NH's 5.6gpm. I do believe the 3pt lift is higher at 1190 at the pins as opposed to 700 24" aft, but not a great deal higher. PTO HP a little higher.
You seem to feel the MF is "heavier built" and it's difficult to compare as I don't see the NH weight on the specs.
All-in-all, I think the MF is a better deal and has more capability when compared feature to feature. One thing I'd find out first, is how many AMPS does each alternator have? If you want to add lights, you'll need the highest output, something often overlooked. I can't tell if the 2300 can take a backhoe, the GC2310 is their TLB. New Hollands information leaves a lot to be desired, but both are good tractors. John

/ SCUT Buying Help MF GC2300 or NH TZ24 #5  
I wanted to clarify, if you want a backhoe you can get on on the MF, IF you buy the TLB unit. I don't think you can add it later. The dealer said they add some parts/strengthening to the frame at the factory for the TLB unit. The earlier poster was right, 3pt hitch capacities are closer than they appear. It all depends on where you measure.

All in all the machines are pretty similar. Drive both and choose the one that feels best and has the better dealer. Dealer support is a big factor.

/ SCUT Buying Help MF GC2300 or NH TZ24 #6  
The MF has a 40 amp.

/ SCUT Buying Help MF GC2300 or NH TZ24
Thanks for the information. This is a hard decision. Both dealers seem very good although the NH dealer is 15 miles closer. The MF has better finance options: 0% for 2 years or .9% for 3 years. The NH has 0% for 1 year. The MF does not have a tach on the instrument panel for some reason. I don't know if it is really needed. The MF has larger front tires and has the heel/toe HST. The NH has the two pedal system. Warranty is 3 years on NH and 2 on MF. It does appear that all replies have favored the MF. I have not heard any negative comments about either. I am primarily mowing and pushing 200' of driveway in central VA.

/ SCUT Buying Help MF GC2300 or NH TZ24 #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The MF does not have a tach on the instrument panel for some reason. I don't know if it is really needed. )</font>
The tach is used so that you know at what RPM the tractor is running. The PTO operates at 540RPM at a certain engine RPM, and I don't know how you know that if there is no tach. Maybe on the MF, you just run it all out as the rating is probably 540 at maximum RPM. I prefer having a tach so that I know what's going on. Talk to the dealer about it, and find out what's up with no tach. Of course, you can add a tach. How are the hours measured? Is there an hour meter? Does it run on RPM or is it digital. The RPM is not clock time unless running at rated speed all of the time. The other type measures actual hours of engine time from start up. John

/ SCUT Buying Help MF GC2300 or NH TZ24 #9  
I wouldn't get caught up in specs on the subcompacts. The bottom line is that they all have plenty of power to do the jobs they were sized to do. I would focus more on dealer support and ergonomics. Which one is more comfortable for you to operate? I do like the fact that the MF has a 40 amp alternator. Have you also looked at JD, Kubota and Cub Cadet?

/ SCUT Buying Help MF GC2300 or NH TZ24 #10  
I did not like the subcompacts I looked at that did not have a tach - I use it all the time to set the engine speed at different rpms based on the job at hand. I can't understand the thinking behind not putting a tach on a tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I like the 2 pedal hst system better than the heel/toe trundle, so that was another factor for me in my choice - my Case is the red version of the NH. The MF tires are not any larger, overall diameter wise, they just have a larger rim with a smaller tire sidewall. The Case/New Hollands do have a true Cat 1 3ph, as does the MF.

Something else to consider is that there is now a Woods backhoe (BH6000) available for all the subcompacts, so if you don't want one now, you always have the option of getting one a few years down the road for either the GC2300 or the TZ24DA. The 4 point subframe mount looks to be quite sturdy, and it appears to be a nice unit overall.

You may want to hold off for just a little while longer, if financing is an issue, to see if both companies come out with better financing in the next couple of months. I got 0% for 36 months last June, and typically, the warmer months bring better financing rates.