New Holland TC35 vs Kabota L3400

/ New Holland TC35 vs Kabota L3400 #1  

chiggerdigger

I am wanting to purchase a unit with loader for landscaping work & am trying to choose between the Kabota or Hew Holland. Any suggestions on which would be a better choice?

/ New Holland TC35 vs Kabota L3400 #2  
Let me be the first to welcome you to TBN and give you the "party line".
fill out your profile and give us some detail so that we can better understand your needs.

/ New Holland TC35 vs Kabota L3400
I have 13 acres of which 12 are wooded. I am planning to clear 1-3 acres in order to put in a small pond & possibly run a few calves. Needing something with enough power to help move trees & landscape work. Which would be a better bang for the buck?

/ New Holland TC35 vs Kabota L3400 #4  
Hi Chigger,

Nice to see someone else from MO, welcome! I have a TC40D and am very happy with it. I also looked heavily at the Kubota L3830 and L4330 but picked the TC because the dealer was closer and more responsive. I also liked the loader and HST pedals better on the TC.

In any case, these "features" are subjective and if I were you, I would take a closer look at both. If you don't need to get into small spaces or mow around a number of trees, a 35 HP tractor will be fine on 13 acres.

Also, I'd have a look at the L3430 and L3830 when comparing to the TC35.

/ New Holland TC35 vs Kabota L3400 #5  
I just purchased an L3400 with FEL. I am very pleased in all ways. I have 63 acres mostly wooded. I think the dealer support will be the biggest variable. Both of these tractors would be great for your work. I pulled a 28 inch diameter log which was 20 feet long out of the timber and had no problems. I then hooked onto one end and placed it on the trailer for the guy who purchased it. I have experience with a TC35 and believe it would do the same. What price difference is there and how close it the best dealer? You should be a winner either way.