AGCO insights?

/ AGCO insights? #1  

marks

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 870
First and foremost, as a new guy that has been sifting through the forums for several months now, I sincerely appreciate the breadth and depth of knowledge that you all are so willing to share. That said, I came across some advertisements for the AGCO ST30X-4 at AgMag.com. Preliminary research leads to Cat and MF relationships. Got any first hand experience or thoughts with AGCO?

/ AGCO insights? #2  
A little over a year ago I was so close to buying an AGCO compact. Everyone here will tell you how important dealer support after the sell is and that is what turned me away from one. I was looking at an ST35X with a loader and R4 tires for $14,700 out the door. The price absolutely blew everybody else out of the water. I had no worries about the tractors quality however there were a few things that this long time, well established dealer could not/would not fix for me.

The loader was not set up to be quick detachable. I had looked at the Massey Ferguson version of the tractor and it's loader was a quick attach with the hydraulic lines connecting under the right foot rest. I don't remember exactly how they had this one mounted but it was not the same configuration. The hydraulic lines for the loader were connected at the rear of the tractor into the rear remotes. I asked him about another set of remotes. His reply was, "why would you want a 3rd set of remotes?" I have a hydraulic dump trailer that I wanted to use with the tractor. His reply to that was disconnect the circuit that runs the bucket when you want to dump your trailer. It was like trying to teach a monkey algebra! That tractor could have easily done everything I needed done, but I wanted everything to be just right. I knew it could be done a certain way and theirs wasn't the way I wanted it. If I was shopping again, I would look at them again and if they had the right configuration at the same great price, I would go orange instead of green.

/ AGCO insights? #3  
I have had two MF compacts, a MF1250 and a MF1440. If you have any specific questions, I would be glad to try to answer them.

/ AGCO insights? #4  
When we were looking for a compact for the city last year, 2 AGCO dealers submitted quotes for a ST25 25hp, ST30x 30hp, and ST32 32hp. I was particularly interested in the 30X and 32 as they were only 52" wide on R4's and offered far more pto hp than similar phisicaly sized competition. The ST25 did not offer a front blower which we required. I was very impressed with the tractors and some owners I talked to were very pleased with the tractors or at least with the sales man standing there. Both dealers were very good and went above and beyond what was required. I don't have the quotes in front of me but if I remember right ST30x/ST32 were in the $17,000 to $18,000 range for complete package 72" RFM, 62" industrial duty front blower, 2 remote hyd, canopy, R4's and full weight package. If we wanted the ST32 with a 84" RFM it was $250 extra. I felt the AGCO tractors were very good units and would not be afraid to buy one. The reason we did not is a long story. Good luck

/ AGCO insights? #5  
Welcome to TBN!

If you go to AGCOCORP.COM, you will find that they also make/market the Massey Ferguson CUTs and Snapper mowers as well as Challenger (formerly CAT Challenger).

They also used to make Simplicity, but I recall reading somewhere that Briggs & Stratton bought the Simplicity line. At least , I THINK I recall that....it's H*** to get old. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

F47

/ AGCO insights? #6  
I have just leased some property to AGCO for a show in Nashville and they have an incredible lineup of tractors and attachments. Not that styling is a determining factor, but some of the tractors are designed by one of the world's most famous auto designers. Guigaro of Italdesign.

The ST and GT were what I was most interested in, but they have a cool sub-compact and the huge ones as well.

Very Impressed with the entire product line.

rvaitor.

/ AGCO insights? #7  
I'm looking at one of the AGCO GT series tractors (GT45), I already know that I like the dealer, brothers and I have bought from him before. The GT's are made by SAME in Italy, does anyone know about SAME's quality and or dependability? I've noted that ZJ includes SAME's logo, how about it ZJ, whats the lowdown on these tractors. From just sitting on one I like the looks /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif and the dealer didn't have anthing negative to say about them, matter of fact he likes them, and I trust his word, I think that he would tell me if there was a problem. He also sells Valtra. I'll test drive one when I get closer to time to buy. This doesn't mean I'm not considering some of the other makers though, I'll probably test drive several, but some background on SAME would be helpful. I've looked at SAME's web site, but you can't expect them to tell you anthing but the good news /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Mike

/ AGCO insights? #8  
I have been an Allis Chalmers / AGCO nut all of my life. Last year I test drove the GT45 and I really liked it. The engine was quiet and smooth. It is a farm tractor, not a compact. What made my decision to go Kubota was mainly resale value if I wanted to trade in 2 to 4 years. I had an AGCO ST35 and it was difficult to sell. Most people have never seen one and haven't heard of AGCO.

/ AGCO insights? #9  
From what I have read, AGCO is a Huge company, many irons in the tractor fire. Just not as well known in the US, at least not in New England. Looked at several last year at the Roxbury Fair but by the time I priced everything out they were neck and neck w/ Case IH /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ AGCO insights? #10  
GeneD14 and MrJoe,

Thanks for the reply, now if I can just get ZJ to reply as it seems that he has some knowledge about SAME. I get the feeling that they are well made tractors, but I'm just not that familiar with their equipment. I think that the AGCO brand name is a little better known here in the south as they are assembled in Georgia. I'm half way between Atlanta, GA and Birmingham, AL.

GeneD14, Allis Chalmers is realitively common around here, even though they havent been made in several (OK, a lot of) years. I know of a couple that are still in use, including our tricycle WD45.

Mike