Remote Control Kubota?

/ Remote Control Kubota? #1  

Hysyde

Gold Member
Eastern Ontario, Canada (South of Ottawa)
I posted this in the Kubota section but couldn't get any info.

I'm hoping it will get more exposure here and someone can help me out.....

I remember back years ago a friend of the family who owns a Kubota dealership, brought over a remote control lawn tractor.

I was only 12 or 13 at the time and it's hard to remember the details.

I remember it had crab steering (cool) because we would drive it diagonally down the yard. I seem to remember that it maybe had suspension (?) and that it resembled more of an ATV then anything.

The best part was when I would chase my brother with it (using the remote) as cars drove by. That sure got some looks from people driving buy.

Anyway, I KNOW you guys know what machine this is. I just interested in seeing some pics/links for nostagilias sake and I'm interested in seeing the machine.

I remember him saying they had only ever sold 1 or 2. To the goverment (go figure).

/ Remote Control Kubota? #2  
Sounds like you had a very unique experience. I've never seen one, but wonder what size the tractor / mower was. Was it about the size of a push mower body (without the handle)?
Did it only work in remote control or could you push / ride it also?

Moon of Ohio

/ Remote Control Kubota? #3  
My FIL was a Kubota dealer then. We had one, it sure was a ball! It was designed for safe mowing on inclines. the ideas was that you could get off and use the remote if things got too hairy. The crab steering was the coolest part.

I imagine that it created just as much liabilitty as it was intended to solve.

I don't think we have any info, but I will check...

/ Remote Control Kubota?
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Sounds like you had a very unique experience. I've never seen one, but wonder what size the tractor / mower was. Was it about the size of a push mower body (without the handle)?
Did it only work in remote control or could you push / ride it also?

Moon of Ohio )</font>

From what I remember it resembled a ATV with a mid-mount mower. Atleast a 48in deck. Atleast.

/ Remote Control Kubota? #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Did it only work in remote control or could you push / ride it also? )</font>

You definately could ride it, it was a blast to drive...