Kioti dk55 vs kubota l5030

/ Kioti dk55 vs kubota l5030 #1  

dmltrac

Seems I have gone full circle in looking at and comparing tractors. I started out looking at the kioti and mahindra then decided to buy a kubota, now reconsidering.
I liked the mahindra 4110 but decided I wanted a little more hp. Looked at the kioti dk45 then migrated to the kubota l5030, which I do like. Now I saw a dk55 (didn't have it in stock when I saw the dk45). It has more hp, more weight, larger, more comfortable platform than the kubota and it is cheaper. Don't know how either will hold up.
Has anyone compared the dk55 (no cab) kioti to the kubota 5030? I like the sound of the kubota's engine better. Everyone I talk to says the kubota will retain its resale value better than the kioti; I am more interested in longevity of operation than resale. I like the price, size and weight of the kioti. Both dealers are close to where I live and both APPEAR to be good dealers so that is not a factor in decision.
Any comments?

/ Kioti dk55 vs kubota l5030 #2  
My dealer is located in Statesville NC they sell Massey's, Kiotiand Kuboatas. I chose the Massey but it was more suited for my needs. Any way to me the DK55 looked like more of a tractor than the 5030 but that is in looks only that I checked them out. So looks is all I had to go on. And we cant judge a book by its cover.

/ Kioti dk55 vs kubota l5030 #3  
While the DK55 and L5030 are similar in horsepower and close in their physical dimensions, they are really in different classes. The L5030 is a high horsepower, large frame, CUT, and the DK55 is a utility tractor with larger tires front and rear plus an additional 900+ lbs of weight over the L5030.

/ Kioti dk55 vs kubota l5030
I solved the delima!
Bought a mahindra 4110 instead. Less hp but as much weight as the kubota and 7K less money. Beefier build than the kubota.
I would have gone withthe dk55 but have heard some bad things. Really liked the kubota but I think the mahindra will do fine.
Thanks for the replies!

/ Kioti dk55 vs kubota l5030 #5  
What bad things have you heard /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

RedDog

/ Kioti dk55 vs kubota l5030 #6  
I have looked at the Kubota L5030 hstc and others for a long time. The DK45 is actually the machine that compares size, weight, 3 point specs, and tire size wise.

The DK55 has a larger and I'll say better equipped cab than the Kubota.

If they offered the DK 55 with a hydro I'd probably still be looking at them.

Have really good opportunity at a L5030 hstc that I don't think I can pass up! It's a bit of a drive away and has been worked hard but it has been maintained excellently! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Ken

/ Kioti dk55 vs kubota l5030 #7  
For Kubota you are into M-Series territory. The L5030 is a real touchey feely easy to drive compact. Some of these other machines your looking at are more utility AG machines. The M4800,M4900,MX5000, M5700 are more equals and some are actualy cheaper than the L5030. It depends what your looking for in a machine.

/ Kioti dk55 vs kubota l5030 #8  
I'd take exception to the MX5000 being on that list, it isn't as much tractor as the largest Grand-L, great little machine, just lighter and more basic.
Ken

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( For Kubota you are into M-Series territory. The L5030 is a real touchey feely easy to drive compact. Some of these other machines your looking at are more utility AG machines. The M4800,M4900,MX5000, M5700 are more equals and some are actualy cheaper than the L5030. It depends what your looking for in a machine. )</font>

/ Kioti dk55 vs kubota l5030
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( What bad things have you heard /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

RedDog )</font>
Nothing about kioti in general. Just some issues reported by one person concerning dk55.
I bought the mahindra which has an engine made by kioti's parent co. I believe it to be a good engine.

/ Kioti dk55 vs kubota l5030 #10  
I think you got the better tractor. I too have heard of some issues concerning the DK-55.