best time to buy??

/ best time to buy?? #11  
If you are open to a used machine, there are some good discounts at the end of harvest season. A lot of vegetable and fruit farms lease tractors for a few months to do the harvest and then return them to the dealers. So in those areas, like Florida and California, there are a fair number of lease returns available. These tractors tend to have little use other than hauling wagons in/out of the fields.

/ best time to buy?? #12  
My husband and I went out to our local JD dealer this weekend and we were told that JD is going to raise their prices March 1, 2005. Its their "published price increase". Any idea how much this increase will be? Are we talking a few hundred or few thousand dollars? Also their finance options are changing March 1, 2005.... do they typically get better or worse from Winter to Spring?

Thanks, Jackie

/ best time to buy?? #13  
Universal and general rule. Best time for tractors, as some said, is winter time, between 10th month - 2nd month. Every items have seasons. Off-season time, you can get a better price if you know how to buy, how to negotiate. There is a guy here. He earns his life by buying items during their off-seasons only. He deals many different items, he even buys summer cloths during the winter and sells them when the summer comes. He buys plows early summer and sells them next year. I think he is making some good money, at least 15-20% average profit. Better profit than investment on interest and stock market, and safer investment. Cloths, plows, etc are always needed items.

/ best time to buy?? #14  
I was told by the JD dealership that the prices went up in November , the beginning of their financial year. This $1000 increase, for a JD 2210, knocked JD right off my price list. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ best time to buy?? #15  
Price incresses vary, depends on the tractor, combine,mower etc,
Right now the price of steel is driving the incresses.... also it seems that the larger rear tractor tires are somewhat hard to get.

Prices for some tractors did go up in March, also the finacing incetives ... come out monthly.. and change all the time.
Hope this helps..
I sell John Deere.. if you need a good price... let me know
Have a great day

/ best time to buy?? #16  
<font color="blue"> when is the best time to buy a tractor? </font>

When you can afford it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ best time to buy?? #17  
You may want to ask your dealer(s) if tyhey have new leftovers. Some places will offer them to you for cost,plus,lo or no intrest,plus all of the warranty because they have not sold them as new yet.
God luck.

/ best time to buy?? #18  
Today!
Today is better than tomorrow ...and since yesterday is already gone, I think today is the best day to buy a tractor.

I've noticed no 'best time of year' on tractor prices, but we all know, tomorrow the prices might go up. Buy today! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Moon of Ohio

/ best time to buy?? #19  
are you trying to say we should wait ??????

lol

tom