best time to buy??

/ best time to buy?? #1  

bebop86

Bronze Member
when is the best time to buy a tractor?- Is pricing better now during the winter or are you better off waiting till the spring- Do companies offer better financing rates during the "off season" or are they more aggressive in the spring/ thanks- gary

/ best time to buy?? #2  
In the N.E.? never. Elsewhere may be different.

/ best time to buy?? #3  
I casually looked for about 1 1/2 years and than looked seriously for another 1/2 year and found now seasonal prive swings in my area. Hope this helps!

/ best time to buy?? #4  
If there is a tractor show in your area, you may want to attend.

Sometimes pencils get sharper when the competition is staring at you from across the aisle.

It also gives you a chance to look at a wide variety of tractors and brands without having to spend hours driving all over the place.

/ best time to buy?? #5  
Rarely any seasonal discounts - and many dealers seem content to carry inventory over from year to year without offering much discount. Tractors do not depreciate much on a yearly basis. They are sold by model number and hours of use on the hourmeter. There is little stigma attached to "last years model" - i.e. no end of the year clearance sales as in car sales.

Just don't wait too long this spring because some models go quick and you may not have as many options.

/ best time to buy?? #7  
A good time would probably be right now, not so much because of price, but because in my area, my local JD/Kubota dealer is stocking up. Your chances of getting what you want when you want it may be better. Pricing, I don't see where dealers wiggle alot there. I did a quick 4 dealer comparison when I bought mine. They were about $200 within each other's price.

/ best time to buy?? #8  
The lowest sales months for tractors are Nov.,Dec., Jan. & Feb. We currently are in a market with increasing demand and increasing prices. The quicker you buy the more you will save. Somewhere down the road the demand will peak but prices may not decrease. It will just slow down the price increases.

/ best time to buy?? #9  
Down here in florida where there is a bit of seasonal change .. we get a few discounts.. or at least 'motivated sellers' but generally you will find that tractors don't vary as much as say.. lawn mowers. You can pick up lawnmowers right before fall/winter for a decent deal.

Soundguy

/ best time to buy?? #10  
I think it's when you have the money. I ended up rushing a little bit when I heard there was going to be a price increase. I had the money by then.

Ralph