Fit and finish??

/ Fit and finish?? #21  
I really think that comparing Cub "tractors" to Kubota "tractors" isn't exactly a fair comparison. Cub came to market as a lawn mower producer and Kubota as a tractor producer. Cub has grown into the tractor market and Kubota has grown into the lawn mower business...I think each is better at what they first started as.

I would take a Cub mower any day, but would take a Kubota tractor over any Cub model (only the new 6000 series from Cub can really compete, and it's only one model at 28hp).

/ Fit and finish??
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I would take a Cub mower any day, but would take a Kubota tractor over any Cub model (only the new 6000 series from Cub can really compete, and it's only one model at 28hp). )</font>

I see where your coming from Gamble. But other than the Cat engine on the 6000 what else would make it more desirable than the 5000 or 7000 series?

I love poking you for CC info Gamble! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Fit and finish?? #23  
Well!

Basically last years 7000 series was a huge step forward for Cub. It was the first time (in mine and other dealers opinion) that Cub made a crediable entry into the compact market. It had the right gear, a great 4wd system, good flow capacity, lift capacity, attractive design, and an ergonomical operators station. It wasn't without its flaws however. The main problem was that when the tractor was outfitted with a FEL that aditional weight combined with the weight of the CAT Diesel caused serious front end problems...even a few broken axles.

There we of course other small issues that had to be worked out (as with any new model no matter what the make, look at Kubotas RVT). The new 6000 series has all the great equipmentt the 7000 series had with a much improved front end, mainly due to a much stronger housing and axle shafts as well as a new loader design.

The CAT diesel and the 4wd system work great together...PLENTY of low end torque.

There are of course still things Cub needs to work on. They still haven't found a way to fit the actual hydrostatic unit into the trans. casing...in other words since it is external (not sticking out of the tractor, just not in the tranny case) the units "whine" is much more noticable. This means nothing, but to unknowing customers this will surely raise questions about quality.

The 5000 units are OK, but they are nothing more than overgrown lawn mowers, just like the BX series. The 6000 in my humble opinion would be the best of both worlds and it shows Cub's committement to trying to get a foothold in the compact market. Another big problem for Cub is engine manufacture. They have yet to ink a big time deal with a diesel engine manufacturer...something they are going to have to address in the near future. It if is CAT thats great...but issues about servicing CAT motors has arrose...plus they are like buying John Deere, paying a lot for the name. But I am sure I am boring you by now...good luck!

/ Fit and finish??
I will assure you your not boring me! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I appreciate your opinions. I really do not need anything bigger than a 5000 series even though that 6000 is a great unit. But for what I need (as I outlined in earlier posts) I think a 5000 would suit me well. I basically want a garden tractor on steriods! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif So to me for the price of say a 5252 it would keep me happy and wouldn't be as pricey as a BX, 2210, etc. Am I on the right track here?

/ Fit and finish?? #25  
I'm not sure I follow your post. It kind of confuses me. Are you comparing the 7000 series (Mitsubishis) to the current 6000 series? I'm not sure I get the relationship between the two. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Fit and finish?? #26  
The Mitsu. built Cub's are marketed under the "7500" series, not "7000" series. Last year Cub made a 7000 series that is now upgraded (see post above) but renamed the 6000 series.

/ Fit and finish?? #27  
I guess I was referring to the old 7000 series Mitsubishis from a couple years ago. When did Cub discontinue the 7000 series Mitsubishis anyway? Did Mahindra pick them up immediately afterwards?

/ Fit and finish?? #28  
Mitsubishi actually built International Harvester's first Japanese imports in the early 80's.

/ Fit and finish?? #29  
They went all the way back into the early 80s? I knew that in the early 90s, the Mitsubishis that were Cub Cadet and now Mahindra were under the Case International name. They must have used a different design in the 80s. I have never seen the current Mitsubishi design on any model older than 91.

/ Fit and finish??
Gentlemen... thanks for all the replies! TBNers always give great info and I appreciate it! But let's get back to the matter at hand...

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( But for what I need (as I outlined in earlier posts) I think a 5000 would suit me well. I basically want a garden tractor on steriods! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif So to me for the price of say a 5252 it would keep me happy and wouldn't be as pricey as a BX, 2210, etc. Am I on the right track here? )</font>