Newbie getting ready to pull the trigger

/ Newbie getting ready to pull the trigger #1  

98_TBS

Tractor
Kioti CK25
Hello all-
I've been a lurker here for about a month as I have been gathering info for the impending purchase. We own 98 acres of sloping to hilly brush and treed areas in Northern Idaho. Tractor will be used mostly for rotary mowing (not the entire acreage, just about 15 acres), barn cleaning, garden tilling, and some light landscaping. Have kind of narrowed my choices down to the Kubota L2800 or L3400 (leaning to the 3400 because of the live PTO) or the Kioti CK30. I do believe that the Kioti is probably as well made as the Kubota, quite nicely appointed. The problem is that the dealership network in the inland Nortwest is tiny. The closest dealer is about 70 miles away; and there are two others about 200 miles away. As for the Kubotas there are three dealerships within 70 miles of me so I might actually be able to shop for the best deal. Any opinions on how important access to dealers is in the age of the internet would be appreciated. Also opinions of features of the three models that might help me make my decisions would likewise be appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

I-da-ho

/ Newbie getting ready to pull the trigger #2  
Hello 98_TBS,

Where in No. Idaho are you?

Thanks,
Maka

/ Newbie getting ready to pull the trigger
Maka-
on the Paouse, just outside of Viola, about 14 miles North of Moscow.

/ Newbie getting ready to pull the trigger #4  
Sounds like you are no. of Sandpoint or the other direction towards Moscow.

Thanks,
Maka

/ Newbie getting ready to pull the trigger #5  
Posted after you did but before I saw where you are. Nice area you live in. I am in Bonners Ferry/Moyie area.

Maka

/ Newbie getting ready to pull the trigger #6  
Will the 70 mile away dealer deliver the tractor and offer tractor pickup if it needs to be serviced? Mine is 40 miles away but he will come and pickup the tractor for a $50 fee. I don't have a trailer to haul mine so this is worth it for me.

I've had good luck with my Kubota. It's only had to go back for 50 hr service. For your 98 acres I'd go with the biggest one your considering. You'll like the addtional weight for manuvering your slopes. I've never even seen a Kioti, so I can't help you with a comparison.

Moon of Ohio

/ Newbie getting ready to pull the trigger #7  
I am up in Elk City ,Id and own a DK45 Kioti . I'm a real happy owner . Another fellow in town has a ck20 so there are a few of us around . The other fellow had a hyd. pump go bad and the dealer he bought from, came all the way to Elk City and replaced it " NO CHARGE" ! That's pretty good service . I would not hesitate to buy another Kioti . I drove 2700 miles (one way ) to the dealer to pick up mine from where I use to live ! I moved here and brought my Kioti with me or I just might have bought mine here in Idaho too .
Big Al

/ Newbie getting ready to pull the trigger #8  
I think you should shop around and find the dealer you feel best about. I own an L3400 and could not think more of the tractor I bought, but that is just me. I am sure you can find others with other brands who would support the tractor you choose. I think the dealer could be the deal maker or breaker. Mine dealer was the deal maker. Was shopping for a Deere and the Deere dealer struck out and the Kubota dealer hit a home run. Both of the tractors you have mentioned will do the job for you. I think the deal maker could be a dealer you find acceptable.

/ Newbie getting ready to pull the trigger #9  
I agree with Jim, Dealer support is important and being able to get to your dealer is as important as the brand. Both of the machines you mention are good quality products. Either should serve you well. I chose my tractor based on which dealer I felt most comfortable with and I'm happy I did. He's done a lot to keep me happy.

/ Newbie getting ready to pull the trigger #10  
I am buying the l2800 hst this weekend and it will be in mid march. The l2800 hst has a live pto on it form what I can tell.
Are you getting a front loader on yours?
jay /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif