Etiquette question

/ Etiquette question #11  
I agree. If we can't ask here, then where can we ask? If there's a common thread about dealers on this site, it's choose the dealer first, then the tractor. That’s generally good advice in my opinion.

/ Etiquette question
Thanks a lot for the input guys. I guess I'll go ahead and post and hope for the best...

/ Etiquette question #13  
I would do what your asking if I had doubts and would not consider it poor etiquete. What allegiance do we have to dealers on this site?

I realize many dealers frequent this site but I don't know that that means we can't give our objective opinions about them. Just like we give opinions about tractors.

I can't see how that could be considered SPAM! The guy is not advertising his own dealership! Post away! Welcome to TBN!

/ Etiquette question #14  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( That's a polite way to say you want to post SPAM. So, just leave your advertising elsewhere...
)</font>

Roy, I think the guy is hoping to weed out bad dealers from those he is considering, so that he doesn't get burned. Seeking the help from the people who have dealt with the dealer is a wise move, IMO.

/ Etiquette question #15  
My two cents on this matter is this.

I bought from a local guy who would just as well scare customers off than not. If I might have come here first and mentioned names and asked for advice that may have all been avoided as he has done the same to others here.

I think if a guy asks a question about a dealer he's entitled to an honest response from the other members without worry about decapitation. Posting to the boards for information isn't spam guys.

/ Etiquette question #16  
If a person can't ask honest questions about different dealers here, we're really violating the rule of thumb that the Dealer is just as important (if not more so) than the tractor.

So... if we let tractor questions on this board, it seems we must at least answer questions. Now... if a dealer were to post ads or something, then yes -- that would be unwelcome and considered spam.

To me, it is preferable for people to tell me good and bad stories about dealers. It's hard enough to learn about tractors for first time buyers. If we can eliminate bad dealers, it's helping everyone.

Just my $0.02

/ Etiquette question #17  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Thanks a lot for the input guys. I guess I'll go ahead and post and hope for the best )</font>

OK so where is the questions or post on the tractor and dealers you want to check out /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Etiquette question #18  
Well, I'll throw in my $.02 worth, too. There's nothing wrong with mentioning dealers by name on the forum. In fact, it's frequently done, often in terms of the good experience someone has had with a particular dealer. Of course, if a person is shopping for a tractor, he/she would be interested in knowing which dealers are good and which dealers are bad in that person's area. And that's where a problem arises. If someone posts derogatory remarks about a particular dealer, using that dealer's name, there are several things to consider. First, the poster may be leaving himself/herself open to a civil lawsuit for libel or slander. Secondly, we like to think we're all friends here, and we want to believe what our friends tell us, but since anyone can become a member, the poster could even be another dealer, or friend or relative of another dealer, deliberately trying to hurt the named dealer's business. And when one person has a bad experience with a dealer, it's possible that it was not at all representative of that dealer's normal practices. It may be that the vast majority of that dealer's customers are well pleased with him/her. And it's also possible that the unhappy customer was unreasonable or mistaken. So that's just some of the reasons dealer bashing is not advisable on any public forum.

/ Etiquette question
That's completely understandable. So would it be advisable to request that anyone with a negative experience PM me their thoughts rather than post them?

/ Etiquette question
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
OK so where is the questions or post on the tractor and dealers you want to check out /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )</font>

Right here

No luck yet.... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif