Etiquette question

/ Etiquette question #1  

sd_smoker

I'm new in these parts, so forgive my ignorance. Would it be considered poor form to post links to various dealerships that sell compact tractors, with the intent of getting feedback from anyone familiar with them? Specifically, I'm interested in how to tell if a dealer is selling "recon" grey tractors or legitimate used tractors, grey or otherwise. General feedback would be appreciated too, though.

/ Etiquette question #2  
I think you'd be better off filling out your profile. With the amount of land you have and at least the rough location of the land (nearest city). List the brands of tractors and/or size you are looking for. Then ask for dealer recommendations for tractors near you. If you are internet shopping, then you might want to simply mention the names of those dealerships (giving special treatment to those who advertise on TBN and support us here).

Posting the dealers website might be misconstrued as advertising for that dealer. Further, there are MANY good dealers out there that still don't even have a website. My local Cub Cadet/Case/Kubota is one of those dealers who is great, but doesn't even have email.

JMHO.

/ Etiquette question #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'm new in these parts, so forgive my ignorance. Would it be considered poor form to post links to various dealerships that sell compact tractors, with the intent of getting feedback from anyone familiar with them? Specifically, I'm interested in how to tell if a dealer is selling "recon" grey tractors or legitimate used tractors, grey or otherwise. General feedback would be appreciated too, though. )</font>

That's a polite way to say you want to post SPAM. So, just leave your advertising elsewhere...

/ Etiquette question #5  
That's a polite way to say you want to post SPAM. So, just leave your advertising elsewhere...

Jeeeesh - I thought I was the cynical one around here.

I suppose that is your IMpolite way to welcome a guy on board. For crying out loud, he asked if it's okay to post, Bob gives him some sound advice, the dude fills out his profile some and you blast him for trying to post SPAM. That seems a little over the top...Heaven forbid he's maybe just trying to get some information on purchasing a tractor.

And he had the audacity to come to Tractorbynet.com to try to get advice...the very idea!!!

/ Etiquette question
Okay then. So, hypothetically speaking, if one wanted some input on various dealerships before making a relatively large financial investment via one of said dealers, how would one go about doing that without mentioning names?

I'd think this would be the perfect place to tap into the experience of others who have been where I am now. If there are better ways to get the info I'm after, I'm all ears.

/ Etiquette question #7  
sd,

Just post what tractor you are looking at buying. You will get lots of information here on that specific tractor. There are alot of good guys here that can tell you how to tell the difference between a grey and a legitimate tractor once you post the brand and model you are looking at. Post the tractor brand in the specific forum. You can ask about a certain dealer without having to post their website.

/ Etiquette question #8  
WELCOME TO THE FORUM! THERE HAVE BEEN NUMEROUS post where guys have mentioned different dealers. You can post the names of the dealers you are talking to and guys can respond or send you private messages if they prefer to do it that way. Just remember this is a forum for folks that like tractors, you can ask and/ or answer questions, or give obsevations on general use or specific tractors. also can have lots of fun /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif and learn a heck of a lot. 99.99% mostly good guys and gals on this site. so welcome aboard and hope to hear more from you.

/ Etiquette question #10  
Welcome SD Smoker,
most don't appreciate the free advertising thing, me included, but to ask for good or bad experiences with a dealer is okay by me. But thats just my opine.
I would ask anyone contributing info to be from themselves and not a friend, etc, and if real negative it might be better off sent by e mail. Then let the potential buyer make their own minds up.
I've seen many times just one disatisfied basically try and destroy a decent dealer just for spite.
Satisfied customers only tell a few of their good buying experinece, Dissatisfied tell as many as they can.
I'm just trying to be fair and I'm not a dealer /seller or affiliated with any whatsoever.
Again, welcome to TBN, HarryG /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif