Kubota L2800 or Kioti CK 25

/ Kubota L2800 or Kioti CK 25 #1  

soloroco

I have narrowed my tractor search down to two tractors for use on my small farm. The kubota L2800 and the Kioti CK 25. Does anybody have personal experience with either of these machines? The package I have put together is the tractor with FEL, 4 ft bushhog, 9" posthole digger, loaded R4 tires, rear worklight kit, bucket hooks, ect. The Kubota does not have a live PTO. This I don't like. Kubota package came in at $17,480 tax and delivery included. Kioti at $16,480 tax and delivery included. Kubota definitely has a good reputation up here in Maine, kioti is not as well known, but I really like the CK25. Thanks in advance for your input, Scott

/ Kubota L2800 or Kioti CK 25 #2  
If you're getting the gear tractor, then I'd also prefer the live PTO, if hydrostat, it won't matter. If just farm work, I would suggest the ag tires as they provide more traction and don't slick up as much in mud. Otherwise get what fits you best, can't go wrong with either choice.

/ Kubota L2800 or Kioti CK 25 #3  
I'll just say that I've seen the L2800, but I've used both CK25 and 30, and there's not contest. CK25 in a heartbeat. It offers so much more than the plain Jane 2800. However, if I were you, I'd go on up to the 5' mower, the CK25 will handle it. On the rare occasion that you encounter brush that's a little too much for it, simply take a little less bite in the beginning, and later you'll be able to control it using the full width. I have a CK20, and I know I could have used a 5' on mine most of the time, but I have the 4 foot. The CK25 shouldn't have any problem with 60".
I've had no problems with my tractor at 300 hours and am very pleased with the Daedong/Kioti product. John

/ Kubota L2800 or Kioti CK 25 #4  
Just based on the lack of live PTO on the L2800 and the excellent loader on the CK, I would take the CK25 (and I don't like the CK25!) but in this contest, I'd take it over the added HP of the L2800. I'd prefer the CK30 over either of these two tractors, and for the price of the L2800 you should be able to get the CK30. Also, I'd suggest you could use a 5' rotary cutter without any hesitation on the CK30. In any case, I've not used the CK25 or CK30. I have played with the L2800. I would choose the CK.

/ Kubota L2800 or Kioti CK 25
Thanks for all you feedback! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gifAs you may have noticed, I am a first time user of this site. However, I have been visiting it nearly every day for the last three months. In that time I have found all your discussions and reviews most helpful in the search for "my tractor." This is a great site!! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I am strongly leaning toward the CK 25 (geared). I purposefully went with the 4ft bushhog as I have many tight areas that may require me backing in where a 5ft would be too tight. Also honestly, I was worried that the CK25 may not have the HP for a 5ft in some instances. All in all, the Kioti seems to have it all over the L2800 Kubota. I purposely got the CK25 stuck in deep snow at the dealer's the other day. I wanted to see if the 25 Horses on such a big tractor would limit the power to the wheels. No such thing, had plenty of go and made it back out of the hole easily with the aid of the powerful front bucket. I'll let you know when I make my final decision. Thanks again, Scott

/ Kubota L2800 or Kioti CK 25 #6  
I don't think you'll find the HP an issue with driving it, you'll find it will be a limiting factor with the PTO powered implements.